Oh my GOD!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I was born at the University of Michigan hospital in 1968, the SAME YEAR Bill Ayers graduated from the University of Michigan! I must have ties to a known domestic terrorist!!!

I can not believe McCain is still trying to milk the whole Ayers thing.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Maybe he's your dad (his gf back then is named Diana, btw). :hmm:

Are they linking Obama to him because of his re-election funding or they're linking Obama to the activities he did in the 70s?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
from Wiki

Bill Ayers and Barack Obama at one time lived in the same neighborhood in the city of Chicago, and both had worked on education reform in the state of Illinois. The two met "at a luncheon meeting about school reform."[43] Obama was named to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge Project Board of Directors to oversee the distribution of grants in Chicago. Later in 1995, Ayers hosted "a coffee" for "Mr. Obama's first run for office."[44] The two served on the board of a community anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 2000 and 2002, during which time the board met 12 times.[44] In April 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate
(sorry about all the formatting)

McCain is renewing this line of attack, saying that "this whole issue of the relationship with Bill Ayers needs to be known by the American people". It's really a non-issue. Desperate times, desperate measures.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It's really a non-issue. Desperate times, desperate measures.
Its not! We should be focusing more on how much Palin spent on her wardrobe for national tv...I mean duh, lets get our priorities straight here, what are we thinking!

Last edited:

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Its not! We should be focusing more on how much Palin spent on her wardrobe for national tv...I mean duh, lets get our priorities straight here, what are we thinking!
The reason it is and issue is because she used donor funds to pay for the wardrobe. The bill was given to the RNC to be taken care of.

It upsetting several donors to the party that is why it got so much air-time.

If I knew my donated funds were going towards Barrack Obama's wardrobe I would be just as upset.

I actually just read about this article in Newsweek.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
We really should just have one thread titled "Stupid Things McCain has said and other reasons we hate him!" and another titled "Stupid Things Obama has said and other reasons we hate him!"

That'd kill like, 43 threads with two.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
If I knew my donated funds were going towards Barrack Obama's wardrobe I would be just as upset.
What if Biden used funds to landscape his house? pay for personal travel? Of course that would be alright? Right?

Mr. Biden’s campaign said the payments to tree trimmers and lawn services, typically totaling a few thousand dollars a year, were permissible because they were tied to political events at his home. Jim Whittaker, co-owner of Grass Roots Inc., which was paid $4,345 in 2000, said the payment probably represented several visits to the senator’s property, adding that Mr. Biden was “late paying the bill one time.”

“We cut the grass and put sod down for him, did spring cleanups, mulching and knocked down vegetation,” Mr. Whittaker said. “One time we did a mulching job and he was having an event, but I don’t know if it was political or just for friends.”

Beyond landscaping costs, one of the Biden campaign’s largest regular expenditures is for Amtrak tickets for the senator and his aides or consultants. Going back to 2001, those expenses typically ranged from $9,000 to $15,000 a year — far exceeding that of his colleagues in Delaware’s Congressional delegation, whose campaigns spent between $500 and $3,000, federal election records show. Like Mr. Biden, Delaware’s other senator, Thomas R. Carper, and Representative Michael N. Castle commute daily to Washington, their offices said.

The Biden campaign’s Amtrak expenses have remained high even in years without elections, when he was not actively campaigning and his committee retained a handful of part-time staff members and almost no consultants. In 2003, for instance — after he had just easily won re-election to another six-year term — his committee spent $10,874 on Amtrak tickets; that same year, the campaigns of Senator Carper and Representative Castle spent $1,257 and $589, respectively.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/us/politics/02finances.html?pagewanted=print

That is per New York Times... not some schmuck Blog site ;)

Swiftstrike

Registered Member

Gavik

Registered Member
What if Biden used funds to landscape his house? pay for personal travel? Of course that would be alright? Right?
Political funds should not be applied to personal expenses or personal use period.
This is different. As a preface to my response, Biden is a gaffe machine, but a lot of what he says is blown out of proportion. The reason Palin gets no more attention is because we were introduced to this secretive, corrupted woman a mere 2 months ago, whereas Biden has been known for several decades.

As for the landscaping, it's party funds for a party event, not just touch up work on his property for no reason. They were cleaning up the place so it would be as nice as a fancy venue but cheaper because the owner was willingly lending the place out to the party for the night, so they wouldn't have to pay the rent on a nice hotel or something.