Oh my GOD!

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Jeanie, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I was born at the University of Michigan hospital in 1968, the SAME YEAR Bill Ayers graduated from the University of Michigan! I must have ties to a known domestic terrorist!!!

I can not believe McCain is still trying to milk the whole Ayers thing. [​IMG]

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Maybe he's your dad (his gf back then is named Diana, btw). :hmm:

Are they linking Obama to him because of his re-election funding or they're linking Obama to the activities he did in the 70s?

3. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

I was thinking of voting for you Jeanie, but now I'm not so sure.

icegoat63 and Jeanie like this.
  4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

from Wiki

(sorry about all the formatting)

McCain is renewing this line of attack, saying that "this whole issue of the relationship with Bill Ayers needs to be known by the American people". It's really a non-issue. Desperate times, desperate measures.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Its not! We should be focusing more on how much Palin spent on her wardrobe for national tv...I mean duh, lets get our priorities straight here, what are we thinking!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

The reason it is and issue is because she used donor funds to pay for the wardrobe. The bill was given to the RNC to be taken care of.

It upsetting several donors to the party that is why it got so much air-time.

If I knew my donated funds were going towards Barrack Obama's wardrobe I would be just as upset.

I actually just read about this article in Newsweek.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

We really should just have one thread titled "Stupid Things McCain has said and other reasons we hate him!" and another titled "Stupid Things Obama has said and other reasons we hate him!"

That'd kill like, 43 threads with two.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

What if Biden used funds to landscape his house? pay for personal travel? Of course that would be alright? Right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/us/politics/02finances.html?pagewanted=print

That is per New York Times... not some schmuck Blog site ;)

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

No it isnt right. I am not going to flip flop because he is my candidate.

Political funds should not be applied to personal expenses or personal use period.

Bananas and icegoat63 like this.
  10. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

This is different. As a preface to my response, Biden is a gaffe machine, but a lot of what he says is blown out of proportion. The reason Palin gets no more attention is because we were introduced to this secretive, corrupted woman a mere 2 months ago, whereas Biden has been known for several decades.

As for the landscaping, it's party funds for a party event, not just touch up work on his property for no reason. They were cleaning up the place so it would be as nice as a fancy venue but cheaper because the owner was willingly lending the place out to the party for the night, so they wouldn't have to pay the rent on a nice hotel or something.