Ogden finally made his choice

Discussion in 'NFL' started by micfranklin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

And it's retirement:

Jeez, what is it with all the good veteran players calling it quits this year. But alas J.O. was one of the greats and I can say the Ravens would not have quite the offense if it weren't for him.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Ravens wouldn't have done so good with the running game if it wasn't for him, I'm not taking anything away from the 2000+ rushing yards that Jamaal Lewis got a couple of seasons ago, but Ogden is one of the reasons why, he was a hell of an offensive tackler. He will be miss that's for sure.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

He's supposed to announce his retirement publicly at 11:30 tomorrow. Bet everyone will take time off to watch that.

4. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

He'll go down as one of the best at his position that's for sure. Has the jewelery to prove it too.

The injury probably pushed him to the retirement. I think a lot of veterans are upset with the way the pay scale has tipped towards the rookies. I bet if Michael Strahan got the 8 million he wanted, he would have played this year.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

11 Pro-Bowls is nothing if not impressive.

6. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Yeah, he had a great career though.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

He was mulling it last season and fought injuries throughout. I hope that Jared Gaither had a chance to learn from him because that's a huge hole he needs to fill on that left side.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator