Ogden finally made his choice

And it's retirement:

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Jonathan Ogden will announce his retirement on Thursday, ending a stellar 12-year career with the Baltimore Ravens in which the left offensive tackle garnered 11 Pro Bowl invitations and a Super Bowl ring.

Ogden, who turns 34 next month, told friends he won't return for a 13th season. The 6-foot-9, 345-pounder has been bothered by an hyperextended toe since December 2006.

Ogden arrived at the team's training complex on Wednesday to confirm his
decision and solidify plans for a news conference Thursday morning. The Ravens have called a press conference for 8:30 a.m. ET.

"I'm all right. I'm good with it," Ogden said of his retirement before meeting with team officials.

Ogden played in a career-low 11 games last year and did not participate in the Pro Bowl because of the bothersome big toe on his left foot.
Jeez, what is it with all the good veteran players calling it quits this year. But alas J.O. was one of the greats and I can say the Ravens would not have quite the offense if it weren't for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Ravens wouldn't have done so good with the running game if it wasn't for him, I'm not taking anything away from the 2000+ rushing yards that Jamaal Lewis got a couple of seasons ago, but Ogden is one of the reasons why, he was a hell of an offensive tackler. He will be miss that's for sure.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
He'll go down as one of the best at his position that's for sure. Has the jewelery to prove it too.

The injury probably pushed him to the retirement. I think a lot of veterans are upset with the way the pay scale has tipped towards the rookies. I bet if Michael Strahan got the 8 million he wanted, he would have played this year.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He was mulling it last season and fought injuries throughout. I hope that Jared Gaither had a chance to learn from him because that's a huge hole he needs to fill on that left side.