Offseason Moves

F

Forbidden

Here me and other people will post some important moves that happen in the offseason.

So far:

Tanguay traded for Leopold, (Leopold to Colorado, Tanguay to Calgary)
Jovanovski signs with Coyotes
Chara signs with Bruins
Bertuzzi traded for Luongo (Luongo to Vancouver, Bertuzzi to Florida)
Rob Blake went back to his original home of LA Kings
Kubina signed with the Leafs

A full list can be found here:

http://www.nhl.com/features/insider/freesign06.html

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Monday, July 3:
ANAHEIM DUCKS-Acquired D Chris Pronger from the Edmonton Oilers for RW Joffrey Lupul, D Ladislav Smid and three future draft picks.

ATLANTA THRASHERS-Signed C Steve Rucchin and C Glen Metropolit.

BUFFALO SABRES-Agreed to terms with D Teppo Numminen on a one-year contract.

DALLAS STARS-Signed G Mike Smith to a one-year contract.

DETROIT RED WINGS-Announced the retirement of C Steve Yzerman.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS-Agreed to terms with D Brendan Witt on a three-year contract.

NEW YORK RANGERS-Signed D Aaron Ward to a two-year contract.

OTTAWA SENATORS-Re-signed F Jason Spezza to a two-year contract.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS-Named Andre Savard assistant coach. Signed D Mark Eaton to a two-year contract.

ST. LOUIS BLUES-Signed RW Dan Hinote to a three-year contract.

SAN JOSE SHARKS-Agreed to terms with F Mike Grier and F Curtis Brown on multiyear contracts.
Source

Pronger is going to make the Pacific division a demon of offensive defensemen, with guys like Zubov, Vishnowsky, and Niedameyer.

R

RajaB

toronto needs to make ofseason moves. with their lineup right now they wont make the playoffs.
mats sundin is wearing down and domi and belfour is going to leave. we need to make smart decisions

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Hockey transactions

(CP) - Movements in the world of hockey Tuesday:

National Hockey League

ATLANTA THRASHERS-Signed G Fred Brathwaite, F Jason Krog and F Darren Haydar.

EDMONTON OILERS-Signed C Marty Reasoner to a two-year contract.

LOS ANGELES KINGS-Agreed to terms with F Brian Willsie on a two-year contract.

PHOENIX COYOTES-Signed C Jeremy Roenick to a one-year contract.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS-Signed F Jarkko Ruutu.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING-Signed G Marc Denis to a three-year contract and re-signed LW Norm Milley to a one-year contract.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS-Signed G Andrew Raycroft to a three-year contract.
Source

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the Penguins picking up Ruutu is a very good move, I am just mad that Gainey hasn't made anything yet, we need to pick up another scorer, like a good center I wanted Arnott but he signed with the Predators, come on Gainey wake up.

F

Forbidden

I'm very glad the Pens picked up Ruutu. I watched him in Vancouver, and he's one of those guys you absolutely love if he's on your team, but he can piss you off otherwise. He's one of the best pests in the NHL and we'll see some of his crazy antics and great hitting this year.

F

Forbidden

Brendan Shanahan chose to sign a $4 million, one-year contract with the New York Rangers. This will definitely make them a powerful team next year with Jagr and Shanahan on a line.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you that is a very good move to say the least he scored 40-41 goals last season and had a total of 81 points, the Rangers picked up a great player, and he will help the team in a lot of ways.

Turbo

Registered Member
KolMartin229 said:
Brendan Shanahan chose to sign a $4 million, one-year contract with the New York Rangers. This will definitely make them a powerful team next year with Jagr and Shanahan on a line.
this and the signing of Ward were great moves. My Rangers are looking better everyday, I just wish Ozolinsh would have been let go cause he brought us down during the playoffs and is an alchoholic.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry that I am preaching again, but come Gainey what the heck are you doing, we have some money why not spend, all is doing is re-signing players, I am glad that we re-signed Komasarek but we need another scorer.