Offseason Moves

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Here me and other people will post some important moves that happen in the offseason.

So far:

Tanguay traded for Leopold, (Leopold to Colorado, Tanguay to Calgary)
    Jovanovski signs with Coyotes
    Chara signs with Bruins
    Bertuzzi traded for Luongo (Luongo to Vancouver, Bertuzzi to Florida)
    Rob Blake went back to his original home of LA Kings
    Kubina signed with the Leafs

A full list can be found here:

http://www.nhl.com/features/insider/freesign06.html

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Monday, July 3:
    Source

Pronger is going to make the Pacific division a demon of offensive defensemen, with guys like Zubov, Vishnowsky, and Niedameyer.

3. RajaB

RajaB Guest

toronto needs to make ofseason moves. with their lineup right now they wont make the playoffs.
    mats sundin is wearing down and domi and belfour is going to leave. we need to make smart decisions

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Source

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think the Penguins picking up Ruutu is a very good move, I am just mad that Gainey hasn't made anything yet, we need to pick up another scorer, like a good center I wanted Arnott but he signed with the Predators, come on Gainey wake up.

6. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I'm very glad the Pens picked up Ruutu. I watched him in Vancouver, and he's one of those guys you absolutely love if he's on your team, but he can piss you off otherwise. He's one of the best pests in the NHL and we'll see some of his crazy antics and great hitting this year.

7. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Brendan Shanahan chose to sign a $4 million, one-year contract with the New York Rangers. This will definitely make them a powerful team next year with Jagr and Shanahan on a line.

8. Babe_Ruth

I agree with you that is a very good move to say the least he scored 40-41 goals last season and had a total of 81 points, the Rangers picked up a great player, and he will help the team in a lot of ways.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

this and the signing of Ward were great moves. My Rangers are looking better everyday, I just wish Ozolinsh would have been let go cause he brought us down during the playoffs and is an alchoholic.

10. Babe_Ruth

Sorry that I am preaching again, but come Gainey what the heck are you doing, we have some money why not spend, all is doing is re-signing players, I am glad that we re-signed Komasarek but we need another scorer.