PlayStation 3 Official: Sony announces the PS3 Slim @ $299!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Merc, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Sony Announces Slim PS3 - It Lives This September! - Gamescom 09 - Kotaku

I'm actually considering a purchase now, thank you Sony for wising up.

2. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Yep, it was a decent show, i still want to watch the videos for the motion controller.

Also the Marvel comics integration was a good move, i wish they expanded that idea in the future.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Wow, a slimline PS3?! I NEVER saw that coming!

Though I'm now starting to wonder if it's worth getting consoles imported. £299 still works out to $495.56.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I will be purchasing this. I've always liked the slimmed down consoles. Ha.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

this news makes me happy.

Particularly the price drop.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I was going to buy a ps3, looks like I will wait till the slim one comes out, should be good.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The price drop has me considering getting one. Good move by Sony.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Didn't the PS2 Slim have hardware failures and faulty components from a large portion of them when they released that awhile back? Makes me want to wait and hold off to hear the reviews about the hardware before actually picking one up. >.<;

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow, that's surprisingly cheap considering all that it has inside and the size that they had to pack it into.

Maybe I'll get a PS3 someday if I can ever find a use for it other than playing Blu-Ray movies :lol: I've never really been a big PS gamer, I've always been more of a Nintendo and PC kind of guy.

Maybe I should play Baldurs gate or Final Fantasy X for PS2.

Although I am beginning to notice a trend with how they'll release a normal sized console (or massive by today's standards) and then they'll make a smaller version of the same thing. :sneaky:

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

It's almost as if technology, you know, progresses, allowing for smaller, more cost efficient models to be produced O: