Official Olympic Men's Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Major, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Group A
    Russia
    Iran
    Argentina
    Australia
    Lithuania
    Croatia

Group B
    Angola
    China
    Spain
    United States
    Germany
    Greece

Seems like a difficult group for the U.S., but they have to be considered heavy favorites. They've been playing really well leading up to the Olympics. First game is against China.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

They have to set a tone tommorow when they face the Chinese National. I believe USA are the favorite to win, but they need to play some strong defense and cannot take there opponents lightly. None the less should be an interesting Basketball tournament.

3. padd

padd Registered Member

Wtf Italy's not there!? Are you mistaking.. we BEAT the USA in '04 and got a Silver medal..

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Wow. NZ must suck at basketball =\

Bliss likes this.
  5. Babe_Ruth

No the Italians arent in this Basketball tournament Padd.

Very early in the first quarter, the Chinese are currently leading the game 11-9. The Americans seem a little sloppy, hopefully they can start playing better, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm watching this too now.

7. Babe_Ruth

The Americans need to come out and take over the game in the second quarter. After the first there just leading by four points. They need to play stronger defense, they also need to improve there rebouding.

Hopefully they can step it up in the second.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's the first time I've seen the Chinese team play basketball. Dis donc, ils se débrouillent bien. Interesting game to watch so far.

9. Babe_Ruth

Just a little update, the Americans are currently winning by 17 points. With a little more then three minutes left in the third quarter, the score is 60-43. The Americans are playing much better, the defense has stepped up so did the rebouding. There also hitting the shots they weren't making the first half, so it's a good sign.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

They must not have qualified. There are 6 other European teams in the tournament.