• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss [OFFICIAL] No Mermaids

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The US government has openly declared today that there is no evidence for the existence of Mermaids.

No evidence of mermaids, says US government - Updated News
There is no evidence that mermaids exist, a US government scientific agency has said.

The National Ocean Service made the unusual declaration in response to public inquiries following a TV show on the mythical creatures.

It is thought some viewers may have mistaken the programme for a documentary.
Apparently a fictional show on Discovery Channel accidentally fooled enough people out there that a federal agency had to make a public announcement.

Must have been a good show.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Astonishing that they had time to conduct this research while putting everything else on hold. I love today's society, wastes time and money trying to educate the morons.

BigBob

Registered Member
Nothing was "put on hold".

All the National Ocean Service said was there has never been evidence of mermaids. Doesn't take a scientist to figure that out but unfortunately there are idiots in the world that need one to announce it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I for one have never thought that there are mermaids. At least people can be at ease about it since the National Ocean Service has set them straight. Would like to see that show, must of been good to convince some of their existence.

Falconer

Registered Member
My only thought now is that I want to track down that not-a-documentary. Off to various catchup services and Netflix we go... ;)

But seriously, it's ... amusing and scary that the NOS felt a need to make an official announcement about it. Can't help thinking it's going to fuel conspiracy theories though -- in the vein of "they said there are no aliens, so why do we have Area 51", now will we get "They said there are no mermaids, so why do we have..." ... um, I got nothing to finish that one with.

'...so much sea'? :p

RoninJohnson

Registered Member
This is offensive to mermaids everywhere. They just want to be people too.

No seriously, People are dumb. I can understand aliens and ghosts. Those, With aliens being the most probable, could exist. But Mermaids? Charles Darwin would be offended.

Migle

I'm a mermaid beliver. And I think that this is not true mermaids are real. Why? I actually saw one. Nuff said.
Jk