• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Official NHL 3rd Jerseys Released

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
gameworn.net: 2008-09 Third Jerseys...

looks like there are a few teams missing on the pics I provided here, Columbus, Toronto, Colorado, Calgary, Rangers, among some others that escape me right now. All I have to say is: 9th one down.... who the Fuck is that?

Last edited:

Blueyes

Registered Member
Somebody Canada with that logo but I just hope they are really big guys because those shirts are fugly. Why is everybody getting new shirts?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well originally they had as many Jerseys as they wanted. That was sort of a decision made by the individual Clubs/Teams themselves. Then after the lockout We experienced a totalitarian change in the league. Gary Bettman decided he had more power than he needed and Signed off (with enough votes from the team owners) to accept a deal from Reebok

Reebok then provided what we have today, The RBK "Edge" jerseys. They are everything an old time hockey fan hates. They fit tight around the ribs, supposedly they "whick" away sweat and water as the players skate. But in truth they only drain all the precipitation down into the lower section of the players pads which eventually makes it into the Skate itself. Nothing like playing in a water logged ice skate. Enforcers (fighters) struggled with them because of their tight fitting feel, they couldnt pull them successfully over the other combatants head. But worst of all, the absolute worst of all.... they hurt the average Joe hockey fan. Regular Hockey Sweaters by CCM, Easton, Mission, or any of the other manufacturers ranged from $50-80. An RBK Edge jersey starts at $120.

When the original change from Sweaters to Edge Jerseys happened, the NHL brought it upon themselves to spur "Change", so they asked team reps to negotiate with RBK to "reinvent" their logos and designs. There were many Beautiful, historical sweaters that were ruined because of this change. The NHL allowed only 2 jerseys. 1 home 1 away, nothing more nothing less.

Prior to the Edge jerseys we had Clubs like Toronto and Montreal that wore historical jerseys and then auctioned them off after the games for various charities or whatever.

The Edge jersey was a huge ploy to boost league revenue. Fans are generally sheep, they see a new logo they flock to it. So the league showed off Sidney Crosby in an Edge Pens jersey. They made a killing, eventually after a season or two... everyone has an edge jersey (not me I refuse).... so sales are now down on team merchandise.

How do we spur another peak? :hmm: .... release more logos! The NHL front office claimed the Edge Jerseys were designed to help the game. But it doesnt take a genius to see through that. Anyone who spotted the money grubbing hands in the beginning saw this coming soon.

Oh and that ugly ass CAC Sweater.... thats the Montreal Canadiens. I just looked it up, They are celebrating a huge year this year and are rumored to be wearing historical Jerseys All year this Year. They have a rich background of jerseys to pick from:

http://www.beckett.com/images/itemimages/lweiss/lweiss37091146.jpg

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the third jerseys especially the ones for Montreal it's awesome, also the Oilers one brings back memories. I'm very happy that the NHL does this. Thanks for posting this by the way Goat.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Always welcome.

I'm a huge fan of the idea of third/alternate jerseys myself so it was pleasant news to hear about the NHL/RBK releasing them this season. I cant wait to see the ones that are missing, hopefully they are good.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I find it funny that Vancouver's third jersey is just a version they used to wear back in the day. In fact, has there been a team with more variations of symbols, colors and jersies in history more then the Canucks?
------
To add...I guess Buffalo's is the same way. Kinda cool.

Last edited:

padd

Registered Member
Those old time Montreal jerseys are awful for me.. the only old time jersey I really like of Montreal is the 1945. And of course their modern which is more/less every jersey from 1978-now

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That particular variation of the Vancouver Crest is my favorite. I love the Blue's and Greens. Reminds me of some good ol' days:

And the Sens Jersey... lmao if they seriously go with that one we can easily label it the Super Nintendo Jersey! (SNES) hahaha.

My surprised favorite... Carolina

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I believe the Montreal Alternate jersey is wonderful.

I also like the Bruins alternate jersey, I'm also a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins third jersey.

The Sens jerseys always been ugly in my opinion.