Official NFL 2010 Thread

It's August and that means that the preseason is only a short time away, which in turn means that the regular season is not too far around the corner either. The first game being the Hall of Fame game is this upcoming Sunday at 8 pm on NBC, in case anybody was curious.

So let the discussions, brawls, arguments, bashing and what being.

Oh, and can I get a sticky on this?

The closer we get to the start of the football season, the more excited I get. I'm not used to having high expectations for the Bengals, so I'm pretty sure that's why I am more excited than usual. All I know is that football can't start soon enough.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's about damn time. I've been missing the NFL for quite some time now.

I have high expectations for the Cowboys once again this season, they have all the tools to make a run for the Super Bowl. Hopefully Dez Bryant will be healthy before the season actually starts. He can make a huge impact in his first season in the NFL. A lot of people believe that Austin will be a bust this season after having a great year this past season.

I really like our running game, Barber is the pounder and Jones as the speed and abilities to beat a lot of defenders. They should rack up a lot of yards.

Our defense is strong, we have one of the best defensive players in the league in Ware, our cornerbacks are talented enough to defend the passing game. Newman is finally hitting his potential.

But the biggest question mark is always Romo, can he actually win when the game is on the line?

I'm looking forward to have great discussion after the regular season with you guys.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree with everything BR just said I think the question about Romo will determine just how far they go. I'm not going to lie, I don't have much faith in Romo. He doesn't seem mentally tough enough to win in big games but I really hope I'm wrong this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still have faith in Romo, but this year will be huge for him in my opinion. I know it's a team game, but it's been a few years where he's had incredible regular seasons, but just falls apart when he plays in a win or go home type of game. I don't know how long the leach is for Romo, but I have a feeling they'll go a different direction if he doesn't bring them anywhere this upcoming season.

A guy that better step up is Roy Williams, he's been a huge letdown in Dallas thus far. He's an incredible talent, but it just seems that he can't put it all together. He needs to have a rebounding year. If he can be one of Romo's main target than that will make our offense even stronger and harder to defend.

I have to be honest, I'm not all that excited about it anymore. If it weren't for fantasy football, I'd probably only watch the playoffs and Super Bowl. Titans look eh and I'm really just waiting for hockey to start again. I guess this is a good way to kill time until then.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you guys believe that Chris Johnson will be even close to his gaol of 2,500 rushing yards?

Personally, I don't believe he'll be close at all. He has a chance to break 2,000 yards again this year, but 2,500? Seriously? That's absurd and unrealiastic. He's fun to watch, so I can't wait to see him try.