Official New Jersey Nets vs Miami Heat thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright guys this is the official Ney Jersey Nets vs Miami Heat thread, Game 1 is tonight at 8pm easter time on TNT, should be a good Game 1 it's in Miami, I will watch the game and study the game, and i'll have my recap of the game and input on the game by tommorow. Easrly predictions people. I say the Nets win game 1

106-98

S

scottmcgrady

I think that Miami could take it tonight because they have no answer for Shaq, that is if he produces on the offensive end whilst Miami have to force tough defense on Vince Carter so that he forces shots resulting in alot of missed shots and Miami must take easy shots. Dwyane Wade must also do well, my predictions is that he must finish with 20+ points and 8+ assists for them to do well. It will be a tough fought series.

O

OSUBucksfan09

I think that miami wins this series in 6.
Miami does not have an anwser for vince but NJ doesnt have one for shaq
Close series but Miami should win

G

Godfather

If the Nets are going to win, the score should be and (have) to be somewhere around 80-90 Nets 70-85 Heat. The Nets offense is nothing compare to the Heat's offense. But the Nets deffense is - I never thought I'll say this - streaky.

T

Trowa

The Nets are beasting it right now. Watching Game 1 and they were up 20! Our defense fuels our offense. When we get stops we get fast breaks. Already have 48 points with about 10 minutes to go until half time! Woo!

G

Godfather

My assumtions were pretty accurate. We held the Heat below 90, but our offense was what surprised me. 100 points? But if RJ goes down, we will go down.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the New Jersey Nets won game 1 100-88, overall the Nets dominated the game. They started the first quarter on a 18-5 run. Jason Kidd silent is critics by scoring 17 points in the first half, and he finished the game with 22 points. Carter was the leading scorer with 27 points, he played really well. At one point the Heat where down by more then 20 points. Shaq and Wade were really surprised and they went on a 18-3 run, but even that didn't make the score close. Unfortunately the Nets lost Richard Jefferson to an ankle sprain in the third quarter. X rays where negative, and hopefully he'll be back for Game 2. Overall it was a great win for the Nets.