• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Official Game Characters Draft 2011

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Okay. I hope everyone that signed up is content with this, because this is it.

The official game characters draft 2011

Rules etc:
1) There are 7 picks. You can select any character from any platform, except for those already picked previously, obviously.
2) Once you've posted your pick please ensure you PM the next person in the list that I will submit below, that it is their turn.
3) If someone doesn't post their pick within 24 hours of their turn being active, then they are to be missed, and the next person in the list can submit their response. The person that is missed may repost their pick when they can.
4) I think a 3 strikes rule will be fine. In which if you miss your turn 3 times, and is hence pretty much a recurrent problem, you will unfortunately be dropped from the draft.
5) The draft is *Unknown name* style - Simply, it goes from Konshentz to Impact 1-7 and then back to Konshentz and through again... and so on. --
EDIT: Snake was the wrong name, but the draft goes through each person in order for each pick. Sorry about this -

I will keep tabs on all posts and update picks in the OP of the sign-up thread. On creating the voting thread after the draft ends, I will also post the final list in there, for everyone to see -

At request: Please refer to the game/series the character appears in :)

-- The order list, generated by randomiser is as follows:

Konshentz
KSpiceFantastic
DaStevez
Echoes
BigBob
HalfEatenSurprise
Impact

-- Happy picking everyone. I'll PM Konshentz to start this off...

PICK LIST:
Konshentz:
1. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
2. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil Series)
3. Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)
4. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
5. Yoshi (Mario Games, and his own)
6. Max Payne
7. Sackboy (Little Big Planet)

KSpiceFantastic:
1. Super Mario
2. John Marston (Red Dead Revolver/Redemption)
3. Commander Shepherd (Mass Effect)
4. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
5. Glados (Portal Series)
6. Ezio Auditore Da Firenze (Assassin's Creed)
7. Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank Series)

DaStevez:
1. Link (Zelda)
2. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)
3. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
4. Mega Man (Mega Man Games)
5. Pikachu (Pokemon)
6. Bowser (Mario and more)
7. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy etc)

Echoes:
1. Master Chief (Halo)
2. Samus Aran (Metroid)
3. Pacman
4. Donkey Kong
5. Ganondorf (Zelda)
6. Conker (Conker's bad fur day)
7. Fox McCloud (Star Fox Series)

BigBob:
1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Kratos (God of War Series)
3. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
4. Dante (Devil May Cry)
5. Eddie (SSX)
6. Tony Hawk (Tony Hawk's Skating Series)
7. Ryu (Street Fighter)

HalfEatenSurprise:
1. Agent 47 (Hitman)
2. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
3. Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
4. Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell)
5. 'The Prince' (Prince of Persia)
6. Bomberman (Bomberman Series)
7. Dizzy the Egg (Dizzy Series)

Impact:
1. Tails (Sonic)
2. Zoey (Left 4 Dead)
3. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
4. Dante (Dante's Inferno)
5. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. Mordecai (Borderlands)

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
My first pick is an obvious one...

Nathan Drake (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception)

What's there not to like? He's funny, the ladies can't get enough of him, he can leap from one ledge to another, second to only Spider-Man (haha) and he doesn't have to be some jacked up soldier to get the job done. It also doesn't hurt that he's the main character in my favorite video game series either.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
That was so obvious Kons! Haha great pick though. Uncharted games make me miss having a playstation.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Can you guys include the game or series that they appear in? I've never played Uncharted so I had no idea who that was.

Konshentz

Konshentz
That was so obvious Kons! Haha great pick though. Uncharted games make me miss having a playstation.
I knew he was going to be my first pick, I focused on that so much that I actually haven't even given a second thought to the other 6 picks. Haha.

Man, I wish you had a PS3. Then we could play games! :nod:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Drake! That's a pretty strong first choice, even the picture alone... I've had a 'razz' myself on a friend's console it was pretty cool. It's a shame it's not on Xbox. Damn, that post actually makes me ponder getting a PS3 -- I better think about my bank balance or else it might happen.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Aha. Nathan Drake. Stole my number one pick, but I have an easy back up:

Mario Notable Games: Super Mario Bros. (1985), Super Mario 64 (1997), Super Mario Galaxy (2007)

No one is more iconic of a character than Mario. He embodies the perfect video game character. Always heroic, never a coward, and he always puts his life (lives) on the line to save whatever needs saving. From the first big video game hit in Super Mario Bros in 1985 to his most recent appearance in Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario is a legend. Purely. Simply. A LEGEND.

Plus imagine how many ladies he gets.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
With the third pick in the 2011 Character's Draft DaStevez selects:

Link from the Zelda series!

Why? He's a beast! Link is well known, has had major sales success, and the Zelda games are some of the most fun I've played in my life.

On the clock: Echoes.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Italian midget probably pulls in a lot of average tail. Haha. Not on the level of Chloe & Elena, but still respectable. :lol: