• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Official E3 2011 Thread

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
We only have about a day to go until this years E3 officially kicks off. As per usual we have already been seeing exciting gaming news appearing online and fresh new trailers and game footage from upcoming games. Which press conferences are you most excited for? I'm looking forward to hearing more about Sony's NGP and also curious to see if Nintendo will announce Wii2 in their conference.

Last year I managed to watch all of the conferences live, but since I am at school and work now I won't be able to manage that since some of them are at 3 or 4 in the morning. I am going to try and watch each one though.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Skyrim. I NEED Skyrim news.

Also, the price of the Sony Vita would be nice to know.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Is Vita the name of the NGP? I hadn't even heard that yet. Either way I have a feeling it will leave the 3DS in the dust.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Project Cafe is going to be announced (The new Nintendo console), and that is the possible highlight of the show. I am super excited for Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The press conferences are the highlights for me.

I will be live-tweeting the press conferences on Monday and Tuesday as well as posting my personal highlights here.

It is going to be interesting, to say the least.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
E3 is already delivering more gaming goodness before it even starts. New gameplay footage from 'Journey' has been released. I never played 'Flow' but I LOVED 'Flower'. Very unique, soothing and interesting game. Ever since then I have been following the studio's works. It looks like this next game may be just as amazing.
Journey Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vJRHgxxxo&feature=related

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
This looks A-mazing, i only played the demo for Arkham asylum which i really liked i just never ended up buying the game, but Arkham city just looks awesome and catwoman *phew*

YouTube - ‪Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange Trailer‬‏
YouTube - ‪Catwoman HD Gameplay Trailer - Batman: Arkham City‬‏

And this good lord, this is how the prequel films should have been made.

YouTube - ‪Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer - E3 2010‬‏

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Microsoft has had their presser, and it was amazing. I'll list reveals...

- Halo 4 (HOLIDAY 2012)
- Halo CE: Anniversary (FALL 2011)
- Dance Central 2
- Kinect Sports Season Two
- Kinect Fun Labs
- MINECRAFT to Xbox 360 ***EXCLUSIVE*** in the WINTER

The videos will come up as they do.

Also, Gears 3 was shown, along with Mass Effect 3, Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare 3.

EA is live now.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
ME3 is coming MARCH 6TH, 2012.

Battlefield 3 Open MP Beta in September... still no release date for The Old Republic.
SSX in January... NFS: The Run on Frostbite 2.

New reveals:

Insomniac's "Overstrike"
"The Sims: Social" for Facebook

That's essentially EA, right there. Ubisoft starts at 5:30 EST, and I will be watching it. Sony follows at 8 EST.

In other news,
E3 2011: Halo 4 Announced - Xbox 360 News at IGN
Halo 4 trailer is here!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't care much about Halo 4 right now. I was waiting for the Halo:CE announcement. I'm excited, but at the same time I'm not too sure what to make of it. Why are they only redoing seven maps? Will there be online multiplayer? If they change the maps or gameplay too much, then it will defeat the whole purpose. Also, I wish they'd remake Halo 2 as well.