Official "Did you know that?" Thread

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
This the thread where you can post the random facts that you know for some reason. This might need to go to sub-talk, but what the hell?

I'll start...

Did you know that, three bowl movements a day are considered healthy for a normal person?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Nice spelling, Nos. I didn't know people moved their bowls around that often.

[FONT=Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana]The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana]The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana]The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana]Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana]Odontophobia is the fear of teeth

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana]If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~bingbin/
[/FONT]

Gavik

Registered Member
...the pop you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually a bubble of gas burning?

...in ancient times votes in an election counted?

...most American car horns honk in the key of F?

...your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself?

...101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don't die throughout the movie?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
---a pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes?

...yelling for 6 years and 9 months would get you enough sound energy to heat a cup of coffee?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Here's one from Dave Barry:

That any person, no matter how little they care or know about basketball, say "airball" in the exact same vocal range?

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
I liked this joke found on youtube and I think it was by Dave or Mitch, can't remember. I had always wondered about that soda and this is also to the people who wonder about teh sprite too^^

You know how they say that all that sprite is made out of is lemon and lime?
I tried making that stuff at home...it's more to it than that.
Me and my friend were eating and I asked him "want some more homemade sprite?"
He hit it back and said "Not till you find out what the fuck else is in it!"

Yeah I was laughing my butt off for minutes on end and it made me think that I did not know that at all, I had long forgot about finding out what was really in that soda. I know about the Nut. Facts but you just can't go by that -_-;

Oh and other things

Did you know that news stations are smaller than they seem?
Americans have a 66.7 age life span for the average?
This is the generation that has been exposed to the most media of all time?
Your kitchen is more dangerous than your bathroom with bacteria?
Drinking Coke helps with stomachaches and headaches so you don't have to take that medicine that tastes awful? Plus did you know that if you drank it with foods that will make you sick it will prevent that?(on occasion though, don't eat that food on a regular basis now)
Our national debt is the highest it's ever been on record?