• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Official Desert Island Disc Feedback Thread

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Participants:

AnitaKnapp
Bubbles
Ginock
Impact
Iris
Konshentz

When you see this thread, drop all your music. You can only listen to the 5 songs you chose for this challenge from here on out. The purpose of this challenge is to last 14 days listening to the same 5 songs on a loop. Avoid all other external music sources, and try to listen to your 5 pick as much as possible. NOTE: if you can't listen to music on your job, that's alright. Once you can no longer stand the sound of your 5 picks your challenge is over. And no cheating!

Use this thread to [strike]bitch and moan[/strike] discuss your progress and experience.

Participant Playlists:

AnitaKnapp
1. Gonna Get Over You - Sara Bareilles
2. King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
3. Love You Madly - Cake
4. Lonely As You - Foo Fighters
5. From Can to Can't - Corey Taylor and Dave Grohl

Bubbles
1. Falling Apart - Trust Company
2. Downfall - Trust Company
3. Savior - Rise Against
4. Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
5. Survive - Rise Against

Ginock
1. Helveitos - Eluveitie
2. Before I Forget - Slipknot
3. Sugar, We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy
4. 21 Concepts - MC Lars
5. My Own Worst Enemy - Lit

Impact
1. Waiting All Night - Rudimental
2. Little Black Submarines - The Black Keys
3. Roscoe - Midlake
4. Coming Down - Five Finger Death Punch
5. Cross The Line - Camo & Krooked

Iris
1. Pepper - King Devil
2. We Can Take 'Em On - King Devil
3. Lackland Blues - King Devil
4. Pick It Up Boys - King Devil
5. Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke

Konshentz
1. Hold My Liqour - Kanye West
2. Bound 2 - Kanye West
3. Blood On The Leaves - Kanye West
4. Holy Grail - Jay-Z
5. The Motion - Drake

Alrighty, so let's get this trainwreck moving.

Since my iPod's being a massive cunt, I've set up a playlist on my Blackberry. My start time is 7:30 AM (Sunday, July 14th)

Iris

rainbow 11!
My start time is 11:31am EST (Sunday, July 14th)

Playlist made and loaded on my ipod. ready to do this. y'all bitches going down.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh lame. I started this last night. I have a start time of 2:30 a.m. Sunday, July 14th. I started right after I picked my final list.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I started this morning before work. Made it through three songs. I'll resume as soon as I'm freed from this shithole

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
So here's how it's going for me so far on Day 2. So far I'm ok with 4 songs and the only one that's really starting to get on my nerves is Survive by Rise Against.

Also, I'm beginning to think that going with just one genre was a bad idea.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Day 2 for me:

Going really well. I forgot how much I love the Foo Fighters, and I sort of wish I had picked nothing but Foo Fighters. When that album first came out I listened to it non stop for weeks anyway. Probably wouldn't have been that difficult.

I had to take my iPod off shuffle though, because it was only playing 3 of the songs instead of all 5 and I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot, so to speak.

Also, I am listening at work, but on a very low volume. Most of the time at home I'm playing video games or watching a show so it's difficult for me to do it then.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Day two is going nicely. Just jamming to some Kanye. I love all five songs. I could probably do this forever, or at least until some new music I want to hear comes out.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I'm fine! not really bothering me yet. I love these songs.

Impact

V.I.P.
Sorry, didn't realise we were starting on Sunday as I didn't see the thread. My start time was July 15th at 8.30am. So far so good.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, where the heck were our notifications for starting, Bubs? GAWD.