• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Official Chicago Blackhawks 2015-16 season thread

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Less than a week to puck drop and the banner ceremony against the Rangers on the 7th. These ceremonies do not get old that's for sure and I can't wait for the anthem at the United Center.

Going to try to do the thread like last season with game recaps but due to my work schedule some of the game postings may be a tad late but I'll keep up best I can.

Could be a very interesting season with all the roster changes and Patrick Kane's still pending legal issue. Gone from last year: Patrick Sharp, Brandon Saad, Johnny Oduya, Antti Raanta among others plenty of roster turnover but I'm excited to watch Teuvo Tervainen develope more and can't wait to see Marko Dano and Artemi Panerin.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Game 1 vs. New York Rangers
October 7, 2015 at United Center

NYR 3, CHI, 2

As always the banner raising ceremony was incredible and now it's up to Q to refocus the guys from last year to this year.

They started a bit slow and rough first period but the remainder of the game they looked really good. They even got goals from Artemi Panarin (1) and Teuvo Tervainen (1), who are both expected to play big parts this season, in the 3-2 loss to the Rangers at the United Center. Corey Crawford (0-1-0) took the loss, Henrik Lundqvist was the winner.

Next game for the Blackhawks (0-1-0-0) is Friday the it's first half of a home and home with Islanders in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center the Isles new home.

This season instead of typing out the box score I'm going to provide a link to it.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020002

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I watched the banner ceremony, which was spectacular, but I didn't get to see much of the game since they were playing at the same time as the Cubs.

I don't have high expectations for this season as I think it'll take this roster some time to jell, but I think they'll still be a fun team to watch and I look forward to catching some games.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know, it's only one game, but do you believe that Crawford should be on a short leash this season?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No. Definitely not. The dude's won two Cups and yet people still doubt his abilities. Sure, he's inconsistent, but he's clutch in big games. I think you have to stick with him as the starting goaltender unless he really starts turning in poor performances on a regular basis.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
I know, it's only one game, but do you believe that Crawford should be on a short leash this season?
No he had a rough first period but he was better Friday. If memory serves he didn't see a ton of preseason time it may have just been some rust. The whole team started slow.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Game 2 at New York Islanders
October 9, 2015 at Barclay's Center

CHI 3, NYI, 2 (OT)

Much better overall effort on Friday. Crawford looked better as did most of the guys. They got a shorty from Anisimov which was the first goal at Barclay's. Aslo two markers from Kane including the OT winner. The regulation goal was off a sick pass by Toews.

Crawford was the winner (1-1-0) as the Hawks are 1-1-0-2 and get the Isles again in a home and home.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020015

Last edited:

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Game 3 vs New York Islanders
October 10, 2015 at United Center

CHI 4, NYI, 1

Third game and the effort was the best of the year as the beat the Isles for second night in a row to win their first series of the season.

Kane and Panarin each had a goal and assist, TVR had his first NHL goal and an assist and Brent "Nachos" Seabrook had a goal off a magnificent pass by Teuvo Teravainen.

Scott Darling (1-0-0) was solid in net only allowing a shorty with about a minute left to play. Chicago got it's first home win and improves to 2-1-0-4 and face the Flyers Wednesday night in Philly.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/m_gamecenter?id=2015020026

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Game 4 at Philadelphia Flyers
Oct 14, 2015 at Wells Fargo Center

PHI 3, CHI, 0

Just an uninspired effort all around they left Crawford out to dry defensively too much and paid for it. Poor effort after not playing since Saturday and it's been a long while since they've won in the regular season in Philly.

Crawford took the loss he's 1-2-0 the team is 2-2-0-4.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/m_gamecenter?id=2015020047

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Game 5 at Washington Capitals
Oct 15, 2015 at Verizon Center

WSH 4, CHI, 1

Another loss in the back end of a back to back like last year only this time they lost both games and were outscored 7-1 by Flyers and Caps.

Only Svedberg's first NHL goal in the third prevented a back to back shut out.

Scott Darling took the loss he's 1-1-0 and the Hawks are sub .500 at 2-3-0-4.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/m_gamecenter?id=2015020052