Official 2008 NFC thread

Discussion in 'NFL' started by The_Burger_King, Jul 14, 2008.

1. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

We are just weeks away from preseason games starting, training camps are already in full swing, so I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the upcoming season.

We can use this for predictions and discussions, I will post my thoughts on the upcoming season after I have a little more time to think it over.

Who you got, who wins what divison, who ends up NFC champs, general discussions on who breaks out and suprises everyone and who tanks it.

Could we get this stickied until the end of the season?

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Seahawks will probably be NFC West division champs again and either the Bucs or the Saints for the South.

3. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I'm taking the sexy pick of MN for the NFC North. Too much Packer drama right now and the Lions will always be the Lions until they get into the playoffs. Bears still don't have a QB. Destination Favre could change my predictions here if he lands in the division Green Bay included.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Cowboys are loaded this year, I believe they'll win the NFC and if they don't screw up like they did the last two playoffs then I see them moving on to the Superbowl where there going to face Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Terrell Owens is the best wide receiver in the league, if he stays healthy then he'll lead the NFL in touchdowns and he'll be up there in receiving yards.

I believe Marion Barber will have an incredible season, especially that he is now the number one running for the Cowboys.

They have one of the best defense with Ware, and they added Zach Thomas to the mix, so it should be a successful season for the D-Man.

Major likes this.
  5. The_Burger_King

Well the NFC West is pretty weak, and until the other teams can rebuild and regroup it is pretty much their divison, IMO the weakest division of the NFC.

6. Babe_Ruth

I believe that the Rams will have a rebound season, especially if everyone stays healthy. I know they lost Isaac Bruce to the 49ers, but he was getting old, they still have one of the wide receivers in the league in Tory Holt. If Jackson can stay healthy this season then he will run over a lot tacklers. The guy is a monster. The defense should also be improved from last season.

So I believe the Rams will win NFC West this year.

Major and Swiftstrike like this.
  7. The_Burger_King

The last 2 seasons my ass, the Cowboys have not won a playoff game in like 2,185 days, the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game this years college freshman were in kindergarten the last time they won one.

8. Babe_Ruth

I know they haven't won a playoff game since the days of Aikmen, but what I meant is that the last two seasons they've screwed up big time against there opponents and they should of won both games, especially the game Romo lost control of the ball during a field goal attepmt. But I believe this season will be different, this is the year for the Cowboys. If everyone stays healthy, they'll be making lots of noise, in a good way.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
    Vegito728 and Major like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I agree with MJ. The Giants were a fluke and had a hot streak. The Cowboys will take the NFC barring any injuries.

Don't forget the additions they made. If they can get a good team chemistry going with Jones there the defense will be really damn deep to match their powerhouse offense.

10. The_Burger_King

I am anti Dallas and the hatred runs deep.

My biggest hope is the Redskins can improve on last years apperance in the playoffs, if not for Campbell being hurt I think they would have made at a little further at least second round. Hopefully the coaching change doesnt hurt too much, Zorn is a good one to have for new young QB's, so if everything play out we get to here "Campbell to Cooley for 6"