Office Visit

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dragon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Most you already know that I had heart surgery. I went to the doctor's today and everything is alright for now. I have Primum ASD which is a valve leak in my heart. The problem is moderate for now but if it goes above that, then I will be needing surgery to have that valve replaced.

My medication is now being doubled. I was taking 2.5 mg of lisinopril and now I will be taking 5 mg of lisinopril. My next visit is in May.

If I should be needing surgery to have the valve replaced, (which I hope I don't) should I go with a cow valve or pig valve? :confused:

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

So they use a valve from either a cow or a pig and it is fine then? I haven't heard of that but it sounds like it makes sense to me. The valve should be of similar enough material coming from either of those.

Good to hear you are doing ok for now though. I'm not sure on which you should choose though because I don't know anything about the process.

3. Dragon

I wonder that myself too. My one friend had a valve problem too and they gave him a cow valve. I guess that makes him an official cowboy. :D He dresses up like a cowboy so he went with the cow valve.

I like to eat a lot so I might go with the pig valve but I will have to see what my options are when that time comes.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL I don't think either of those things have anything to do with the ACTUAL reasons why you should go one way or another. :D

Did you ask your doctor about the differences between the two?

5. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

I am glad to hear that you are doing okay. I will pray for you and your choice should you have to choose. I can't tell you which one, because like Andrew, I don't no the different between the two.

6. Dragon

Thanks. I did not ask the doctor about it because surgery is not an option at this point and I hope it stays that way. But somewhere down the line if I do need surgery, I'm ready for it. Who knows, maybe they only use 1 type of animal valve and I am even sure if my friend got to choose which type of valve he wanted. But if I have to pick, I have to pick wisely because it's probably going to be in my for the rest of my life. I'll just ask my doctor which type of valve is better and go with that one.

I was watching an episode of Smallville earlier tonight and there was a super hero name Angel of Vengence. She had a heart transplant from a "meteor freak" and the power was passed on to her. I just had to laugh at that though because I wish that can happen to me.

7. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Well, I don't know if you believe in him or not, but God be with you.