Office OpenSource is OpenOffice

Discussion in 'Technology' started by myessence, Nov 2, 2006.

1. myessence

myessence Registered Member

Famous Office is world of Microsoft output. Opensource also release the office by the name of Openoffice. Way of using it does not be different far by Office is property Microsoft.

Start from save (save icon), open the file (open icon), new file icon. Although draw the different icon of its meaning remain to is of equal.

[Since long time, Openoffice have the icon PDF. This Icon can change the article of is in form of .doc become the .pdf.

If opening other; dissimilar program like excel can be done/conducted in just which software office. The example, will open the program excel enough click in File later; then New, select; choose the wanted office.

OpenOffice consisted of [by] the Writer (Word), Calc (Excel), Impress (PowerPoint), Draw (available by facility like CorelDraw), Math (Equation), HTML Document (FrontPage) and still a lot of.

OpenOffice now version has 2.0.

2. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

If I may be helpful, I'd like to second myessence's opinion, and translate :)
    (myessence - I assume English is not your primary language... but you do pretty well, anyway!)

Microsoft Office is the most famous. Opensource has released a similar office program called OpenOffice. It works very much like Microsoft Office.

First, the icons: save, open, new file... while the icons look different, they mean the same thing. OpenOffice has had a PDF icon for a long time. This icon is used to change the document to a .pdf file.

OpenOffice is compatible with Microsoft Office. You can create files, for example, like an Excel file, by clicking File -> New -> Select, then choose the type of document you want to create.

OpenOffice has the following: Writer (Word), Calc (Excel), Impress (PowerPoint), Draw (something like CorelDraw), Math (Equation), HTML Document (FrontPage), and others.

OpenOffice is on version 2.0.

3. myessence

myessence Registered Member

Thank you for your reply ....

Sorry, my english language not so good. Still learning

:D

4. jayadev

jayadev Registered Member

I am using Openoffice 2.0. I have also used it's earlier version on Windows and Linux. From my experience with Openoffice I can say that it is shortly going to be a serious challenger to the popularity of it's well known counterpart.

5. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

I like OpenOffice. Even its "Writer" version is easier to use than MS Word, in my opinion! Though it does seem to have a few of the same issues. The only thing it's missing, in my opinion, is a counterpart to MS Publisher.

6. seem

seem New Member

I am using it !