off season surfing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nightsurfer, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all

I know the water is cold and the beaches are abandoned this time of year but some of the beat waves come in the winter.

They now make heated suits and other goodies as well.

The good thing about surfing off season is the shark count and sightings go way down in the winter.
    Not to mention you don't have to worry about tourist surfers cutting in on your wave and just being asses because they are tourist.

The other good thing is you will find your Boards and gear way cheaper if you buy it off season. 50 to 75% cheaper, also the cost of beach house rentals is way cheap. You can't beat it.

So all you novice surfers should take advantage of the off season surf. Bets way to get in some serious surfing.

Well that's it for now.

~See ya on the waves~

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Since it's summer here, yesterday was a perfect day for a surf, the waves were medium height. Good stuff, had fun yesterday. The water was kinda cold where I was, but near the beach, it's warm.

I kind of like surfing when it's winter, just kind of exciting.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I'll trade with ya! The water has gone ice cold...Freez your balls off!

I need to get a new heat wetsuit..But I need a new board first. Put a big Dingier in it last time I played at the piers and jetties in Surf City.

Hell that was a sad day..Put an 4 inch dingier on the board. Poor thing. :nod:

I'm going to try to fix it but this board has more repairs than I can count. It's my first time trick/ practice board..

Looks like I need to get a new ride..