Off Duty shoots at armed robbers

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Dragon, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Now my question is, if the officer was just an ordinary citizen (meaning if he wasn't a police officer) would you still support his action?

2. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

As long as he didn't shoot to kill I don't see a problem with his actions. I would say the same thing for any citizen.

3. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

If someone threatens you with a gun shoot to kill, they will.

4. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Not necessarily, this article is a perfect example. Most robbers do not go out wanting to kill people.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I honestly can't see where this is justified. There's too much missing from this story for me to make a decision. At this point, I say no I don't support his actions, simply because of the ambiguity of his action and the convenience of his story. I mean really, if you feel your life is threatened, are you really only going to shoot off one round?

I just can't seem to believe this story, and if you're asking if I agree with lethal action to prevent a robbery, no I don't. If a person intends to simply steal my posessions, let them have it. IF they intend to kill me, I'll fight back. The story never once mentioned his life was threatened or that he felt as if he was going to die one way or another.

Frankly, an off-duty cop is a civilian, just as a vet is not a soldier. Off-duty cops don't hold extra rights, there are still liable.