Oden VS Durrant: Who would you Pick

Discussion in 'NBA' started by dogman652, Apr 21, 2007.

1. dogman652

dogman652 Guest

If you had the first pick in the NBA 2007 Draft, would you pick Greg Oden or Kevin Durrant. I have to pick Oden first because in the NBA theese days, you don't get 7''0 guys who are decent on the offensive end of the court. Don't get me wrong, Durrant will be a great player in the NBA, but Oden is more valubale and will probably be even better then Durrant.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Oden all the way , Both players are really good but Oden is just a little better. He has amazing offensive abilites and he can play some solid D and I think that he would be a better fit in a lot of places then Durant.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I woud select Oden, because good centers are really hard to find these days especially in the Draft. Bishop Oden doesn't have much offensive skills just yet, the only way he gets is points is that he over powers small centers in College. He won't be able to do that just yet in the NBA, he needs to develop a jump shot, and he needs to be a little better playing his back to the basket. He also needs to stop using is elbows while defending a player, it gets him in foul trouble, but that won't take him long to stop using his elbows. Is strong point is his blocking abilities he can block with his two hands which is remarkable, and he's a very good rebounder, offensively and defensively. I believe he's going to be a special player in this league, hopefully he goes to a team that as a good coach, and can teach him to proper things to become a dominate player in this league. I believe if he fufills his full potential he can become the next Bill Russell defensive wise. Bill wasn't all that good on the offensive side but he was a monster on the defensive side. I am not saying he's going to win the same amount of rings as Bill, but he can be as good as he was defensively.

4. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

after seeing the NCAA title game, Oden no doubt.
    up until then, I wondered if he had the fire to take over games rather than just getting his numbers in the flow of the game.
    Durant is a competitor and will take over games, take shots that make you say "that was a bad... whoa what a shot!" great players are like that.
    Oden seemed to be a bit to passive and if you're gonna be the #1 pick you want someone who has the desire to be the best and will exert his will to win a game.
    The Buckeyes lost the title game because no one else could throw it in the ocean, but Oden was a monster.

Give me Oden all day.
    It's rare to get a such a talented big man. Just ask the Spurs how important it is to have one...

5. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I say Oden big men with his potential dont come around every year. Perimeter players like Durant are come out of the NCAA almost ever year. Oden can step on the court and have a sudden impact on the game with his athletic abilites and defensive instincts.

6. Babe_Ruth

Totally agree, Oden is going to be a special player, and he's that drive to win and become better, and he's only going to get better. You also have to remember that he played all season with an injury to his wrist. That wrist should be healed by the start of the next season, which means he'll become much better on the offensive side, and the defensive side as well.

Celtic you made a great point about the Spurs, if this team didn't have Tim Duncan they probably would be seventh or eight seed, but having Duncan makes them one of the best teams in the West, and I see a team being the same way in a couple of years with Oden.

7. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

let's not forget the 3 titles the Spurs have won, directly because they have Duncan.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Even if Kevin Durant had the better college career out of the two you can't pass up on a 7 feet monster in Greg Oden. They'll both have great NBA careers but Greg Oden will have a bigger impact on is team. I beleive that we haven't seen anything from Greg's game when he was at Ohio State. I have a feeling he'll turn it up a notch in the NBA. Just like he did in the Championship game.

9. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Amazing game and an amazing player. Whenever you see a 7 foot player in the draft with the kind of skill that Oden brings to the court how can you pass him up? Its very hard and despite Durant is also a great player I would say that chances are Oden will be going higher instead of Durant.

10. Babe_Ruth

No matter who gets the 1rst overall pick they won't pass on Greg Oden. The only team I can see passing on Oden would have to be the Charlotte Bobcats because of Emeka Okafur, but getting the first pick is unlikely for them. But whoever gets number 1 or number 2 pick will get a great player. But Greg Oden is definitly going first.