Odds Of Gasol In Boston Slim?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I doubt they would trade him without Paul Pierce or picks envolved, but they need to something quick because there team is struggling and playing badly.

3. Babe_Ruth

I think the Celtics are in a rebuilding situation, they have a lot of young talented players on the team, and when those players develop into stars then this should be scary. This also means that a lot of teams will be looking to acquire these young players, but I don't think that Ainge will pull the trigger on those players, except Telfair, because I believe Rondo and West are better players then he is.

4. weisskreuz99

weisskreuz99 Guest

i wish the celtics are trying to get pau gasol...so atleast the celtics will be a playoffs contender...all thay have to get is a veteran point guard...like steve nash....a Paul Pierce, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash Combo= Finals.....

5. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

That's easier said then done Weiss. If I was the Boston Celtics i'd never trade Al Jefferson even for Pau Gasol. This young stud is going to be something special in this league. He hasn't developped any skills so far and he's playing extraordinary right now. Plus Pau Gasol is leaving Memphis because he wants to go on a winning ball club I doubt he wants to go to Boston.

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

The Celtics would be crazy to trade for Pau right now.
    They're tied for first place (aka worst record in the league) for the Oden sweepstakes.
    the consolation prize (or maybe the top prize) is Kevin Durant.
    The celtic's should continue to develop the young players and find ways to compete yet lose and get one of those top 2 picks.
    Gasol is a nice player, but he's proven he doesn't have that extra gear to lead a team to a playoff series win.
    This season is going to be frustrating but if the C's make this trade and get the #10 pick instead it would be a disaster.

7. Babe_Ruth

Really well said Celtic Fan. Sometimes you got to go through these bad times for your team to have success in the future. All those yound studs that Celtics have are getting a lot of experience and their developping into great player, especially Al Jefferson and Gerald Green. I wouldn't make the trade either.

8. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

Doc and Ainge also have to be careful because losing becomes a culture and the players may forget what it's like to be a winner.
    look at the Clippers for example. It took them several decades to have any type of success. Losing was just accepted there.
    The Celts don't want that menality to creap in.
    So long as Doc can have the young guys compete it should be alright.

9. Babe_Ruth

Your absolutly right Celtic Fan, and I have a feeling that Doc Rivers might be losing is players, because some of the comments he's been saying as of late. It's going to be hard to restore these players confidence, especially because there all so young. I think the best way to do so is to start fresh with a new coach next year. Doc is not doing the job, and he's said many times he wants out of there.

10. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

I think Doc is just keeping the seat warm until the end of the year.
    there'll be a new face next year and if there isn't ainge and Doc should be gone