Obsessive Compulsive Disorders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Jun 18, 2008.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've noticed others on the site suffer from OCD.

I too have this problem and it manifests itself in different ways.
    Everything I touch has to be perfect, in order, colour coded and straight. Also I'm a clean freak. I once had a shower with a brillo pad and scrapped and my skin of my arms, that was back in the darkest days and I've had it under control for the last year or so. I've seen a shrink and I'm over the worst of it but every so often it attacks and it can be very embarrasing.

How are you lot affected by obsessive compulsive thoughts, how do you cope and have you seen anyone about it?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I have obsessive-compulsive tendencies, it's nowhere near a disorder for me, but I do obsess over evenness. For example if I'm walking down the sidewalk and my right foot crosses over a crack in the sidewalk more often than my left, I'll change up my steps to even it up. Or if i crack the knuckles on one hand, I have to crack the knuckles on my other hand.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I have my moments, but I wouldn't say I'm a victim of the disorder.

I don't have tendencies to help others clean, but my stuff has to be nice and in order. Then again, that's just normal, so I guess I don't have a hint of OCD then.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh my god, that's exactly the same thing I do, strange!

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I do that too, when I walk.

At work we have the marinara sauce in rows, and if it's not balanced, then I fix it. And if there is an odd one out I put it in this box.

6. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

I'm not OCD but i have ocd tendencies, like
    *my tootpaste has to be flattened on the end
    *my wallet has to be exact
    *if people offer me food out of a bag (ie:chips) they either have to get it for me or if its me being generous, I have to get it for them.
    *the order i wash in the shower
    *my driving habits

and if any of these things doesn't happen the way I'm used to or would like...I usually am in one way or another really upset. No one knows it unless they know about it forehand. And just as fast as I get angry I am happy again.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm not obsessive over it, but I need things to be balanced. If I walk into a room that has too much furniture on one side, or the knick-knacks aren't arranged according to size (big in back, small in front, even on both sides) I feel extremely uncomfortable.

8. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

i have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

kidding. my friend sent that to me via facebook ^_^

anyhow, i do have OCD - the ritualistic kind, though. not the cleanliness kind.
    when i start going up or down stairs or even a step, i have to start with my right foot. it tripps me out if i dont
    on collared shirts, if its rumpled, it really bugs me. all the way up is fine [[ even if stupid ]], all the way down is fine, but if its rumpled or half-up, then i go crazy
    upside-down pay phones bug the CRAP out of me
    if i worked at arby's, i would do the marinara sauce thing too.
    everything has to match when I am posting.
    and my grammar freak-ness plays into the OCD as well.

raye_raye likes this.
  9. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Honestly? Some of these things you guys are posting are pathetic. If I had any of these, I'd do anything I could to try and avoid doing them. If I had OCD and did all that crazy shit, I would lose my mind.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Pathetic is something you have control over but do it anyway. Those who suffer from OCD suffer from the disorder in ways you obviously don't understand.
    I think the word "pathetic" was a poor choice on your part.