PC Games Oblivion: Characters You Love to Hate

Steerpike

Registered Member
Which characters, if any, in The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion do you "love to hate?"

Last edited:
Glarthir tops my hate list, he ruins the whole Skingrad experience for me. I relieve my hatered by having killed in creative ways; do his hit list, get paid and then give the note to guard and watch as they have a mini death watch. Or refuse to kill the people, then try to help him stay alive as he, Takes care of the business, by nearly killing half of the night shift in his wake. Sigh good times

gmash

Registered Member
The only thing I liked about this game was possibility to play domino ;) After first few missions I decided to stop playing Oblivion. It didn't seem to me worthy enough to play something like that.
In fact I never liked TES series.

Last edited:

Twitch

Registered Member
Other than the Adoring Fan, who everyone loves to hate.. and kill..

Erthor, the guy from the Skingrad Recommendation quest...

I saved him from the dungeon, but then I stole something from his room in the dungeon, so I was kicked out of the guild. He continued to follow me, though, so I couldn't do anything without him being right behind me, because when I talked to him he just said to talk to the Mage's Guild's leader, or whatever. I had to collect all those items.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I profoundly dislike most of the members of the Fighter's Guild, also Lex.

The fact that most characters in the game stare at you like spirit-zombies doesn't help, either.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Glarthir tops my hate list, he ruins the whole Skingrad experience for me. I relieve my hatered by having killed in creative ways; do his hit list, get paid and then give the note to guard and watch as they have a mini death watch. Or refuse to kill the people, then try to help him stay alive as he, Takes care of the business, by nearly killing half of the night shift in his wake. Sigh good times
Two out of the three times I have played the Dark Brotherhood, I have used murdering Glarthir to get the invitation from Lucien Lachance.

Other than the Adoring Fan, who everyone loves to hate.. and kill..

Erthor, the guy from the Skingrad Recommendation quest...

I saved him from the dungeon, but then I stole something from his room in the dungeon, so I was kicked out of the guild. He continued to follow me, though, so I couldn't do anything without him being right behind me, because when I talked to him he just said to talk to the Mage's Guild's leader, or whatever. I had to collect all those items.
Why do you hate Adoring Fan?

Erthor can be useful in a fight. So you hate Erthor because you broke a Guild rule and got kicked out?

Steerpike

Registered Member
Did you just say WHY the Adoring Fan? Maybe because of:

YouTube - My Adoring Fan is Emo

and:

YouTube - Oblivion: THIS. IS. SPARTA!

Annoying little bugger.... Fun to kill, though. ^.^;
He does have a "worshipful" attitude towards the player. If all of the npcs had that attitude, then the player could end up as the new emperor after Martin sacrifices himself in "Light the Dragonfires." :D

No one has mentioned...

YouTube - Oblivion:Fighters Guild-Unfinshed Buisness

Maglir

No, because when I got kicked out, he kept following me around until i collected the items you need to join the mage's guild again.
And at that stage, Erthor is still tagged as essential. This means that when something wants to attack your character Erthor can fight for you and can't be killed himself. :D

Twitch

Registered Member
And at that stage, Erthor is still tagged as essential. This means that when something wants to attack your character Erthor can fight for you and can't be killed himself. :D

Even so, if you are a stealthy person, or someone who likes to steal, you can't do this until you collect all those items needed to join the guild again.

You can always dupe.. xD