Obesity Often 'set' by Age 2

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Wade8813, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

BBC News - Obesity 'often set before age of two'

That's disturbing...

2. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

3. nicolenicky

nicolenicky Registered Member

i use to work in a resturant when i was in college and i always felt soo bad for these kids that were like 4+ going to eat with their fam and everyone in their family was over wieght.. and they would teach these kids at such a young age really bad eating habits.. there was like 7 year olds ordering steak and shrimp dinners not to mention adding extra soups and extra fries etc.. then to top it all off adding a huge dessert

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah, it's really sad. I'm not skinny by any means, but I want to fix it. My parents taught me horrible eating habits. I really think that parents should start teaching better eating habits. That would really help, I think.

I know I won't be a super health nut with my kid... But I won't be a super junk nut either. (lol, insert jokes here. or in my rep, that would be better. >.>)

I want a healthy balance... Give them a balance of juice and water, soda but make sure they know to not go over board. I would have them try out different sports to find one they liked... If they didn't? That's their choice. I don't want them to be forced into a sport, but they will try a variety at the least.