• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obese woman paid to eat on webcam

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Reading the article.... did she seriously suggest she's concerned about eating out because of the amount of salt restaurants use? o_O

Anyways, I find it gross that she's doing this to herself and people are paying to watch. It's definitely comparable to an anorexic not eating and people paying. But also completely her choice. My problem is with the kids, as others have mentioned.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
While I have some problem with the example she's setting for her kids, that's far too subjective. What's setting a bad example? Are we going to take everyone's kids away because we think they're setting a bad example?

She isn't hurting herself like say something objective like with a weapon. This is by far not the healthiest way to live, but do we really know for certain what the long term effects are going to be? For all we know she could live to be a 100 years old.

It's far too subjective, and it's far too egotistical to say we know what's best for her and force her to stop or have her kids taken away.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Personally I don't think her kids should be taken away. I just simply don't approve of what she's doing and my main concern is with them, that's all.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Really CO? What about the fact that these people are basically paying this woman to kill herself. She is eating herself to an early grave,
And who cares that's she's getting closer to death?
She wants, she gets it.

As long as she's THAT stupid and brainless, then I'm done caring. I don't feel sorry for her.
On the other hand, other people don't know on where to waste their money and go pay for her.

Stupidity from both sides.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
And who cares that's she's getting closer to death?
She wants, she gets it.

As long as she's THAT stupid and brainless, then I'm done caring. I don't feel sorry for her.
On the other hand, other people don't know on where to waste their money and go pay for her.

Stupidity from both sides.
I suppose you are right. If she wants to kill herself for money then why should we care. I guess idiots will just always be idiots.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Well, I'm blown away. I saw this in a movie, City Island, where the boy gets excited by watching overweight women eat, and there is an entire website dedicated to it... Well, I mean I guess I assumed it was probably a real thing, but hoped it wasn't. I know this article isn't about it being based around a fetish as it is in the movie, but wow.. I mean really?

I couldn't imagine paying for something such as this. I guess since it isn't something I'd enjoy watching, I find it a waste of money. Just wow.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I couldn't imagine paying for something such as this. I guess since it isn't something I'd enjoy watching, I find it a waste of money. Just wow.
The point is that there are people who find that this is exactly the kind of thing they want to pay to see, to turn them on, or whatever. It's the same as someone paying for someone to get undressed on camera. Different strokes for different folkes. :shifteyes:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The point is that there are people who find that this is exactly the kind of thing they want to pay to see, to turn them on, or whatever. It's the same as someone paying for someone to get undressed on camera. Different strokes for different folkes. :shifteyes:
Exactly, everyone has different tastes and different wants and needs.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here but I don't like getting into the business of trying to control what people do or do not do. Should a society stop vegans from raising their children as vegans because society believes they are setting a bad example for their kids by not allowing them meat? Should a society stop atheists from raising their children as atheists or exposing them to atheism because society finds it harmful to the children by not being exposed to God?

Whatever example she is setting for her children is far to subjective to say it's good or bad. And yes it's a waste of money for many of us, but all of us engage in something someone else would consider a waste.