obese man wants to walk across the USA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WalkingFatMan, May 15, 2009.

1. WalkingFatMan

WalkingFatMan Registered Member

Hi.. I'm new to the forums here. My name is John and I'm obese. I have goal to walk across the entire USA. from ocean to ocean. In the process i want to raise money for charity.. So let me know what you think? I'm around 5,11 and weigh around 330 right now.. give or take about 10 pounds.. haha.

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Hi John,

That is quite a challenge you are setting yourself. Good luck with it all. What is the charity you are supporting?

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Hey welcome to the forum.

We have an outdoor section of the forum that you might be interested in if you are into walking.

Good luck with your walk.

4. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

Welcome to GF! Sounds like a really cool plan! I wish more people had that kind of drive.

5. WalkingFatMan

WalkingFatMan Registered Member

I'd like to get shoes donated to one called Soles4Souls, also Volunteers of America, which is a nationwide non profit that provides moistly substance abuse and homeless services.

6. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

Hello John, welcome to general forum. I think your goal very is courageous and humble.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Cool goal... may I ask a question though... How do you plan on posting here... if you're walking? :hah:

nonetheless I'm glad to hear you're goal oriented, best of luck on your journey!

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

9. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

A good way to raise money, way to go. Welcome to GF John!

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime