• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Divisive Obama's other lies about healthcare

dDave

V.I.P.
Remember this State of the Union Address?

Joe Wilson You Lie Outburst During Obama Presidential Speech on Healthcare - YouTube

Famously remembered as the speech where Joe Wilson yelled out "You lie!" to the whole chamber while Obama was speaking. Turns out that Wilson was right.

Contrary to what Obama said, illegals DO get coverage and federal funds ARE funding abortions. Can't really make it any simpler than that.

I'm not surprised that Obama lied, I honestly think he lies constantly every single time he gives a speech or does an interview. I am however, shocked that so many people are still buying into these lies as if what Obama says is simply true.

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Contrary to what Obama said, illegals DO get coverage and federal funds ARE funding abortions. Can't really make it any simpler than that.
Source? Not saying you're wrong, but based on a quick search I did it seems like there's a lot of sources saying different things.

I'm not surprised that a politician lied, I honestly think politicians lie constantly every single time they give a speech or do an interview. I am however, shocked that so many people are still buying into these lies as if what politicians says is simply true.
Fixed it for you.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Here's an honest question.

Who gives a shit IF money is funding abortions when a disgusting majority funds the military anyways? How many of our kids and citizens need to die each year? What about overseas? Let's stop humoring ourselves with abortion and realizing we do a whole lot more killing of children than any combination of healthcare facility in a given day.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah I do. More military spending doesn't correlate to more deaths, or more needless deaths. In fact I would argue it results in fewer deaths. Without the US and our military there would be more deaths around the world. There would be more Putins and more Osama Bin Ladens and more Saddam Husseins in the world killing more people. I'm not saying our military budget isn't excessive or we couldn't cut some of it, but I don't see the comparison between the two. We aren't spending money just to send people to die needlessly.

As to politicians lying, I don't think you can make a blanket statement and say ALL politicians lie. If a politician says "if elected I will pass X" and X isn't passed, they didn't lie necessarily. If a politician says "if we pass X, it will result in Y" and Y doesn't happen, that doesn't mean he lied. It could have come from unintended circumstances. That's different than saying "X is not going to happen" when you know for sure it isn't. That's an outright lie. First off I don't think all politicians have lied to that extent, but more importantly that doesn't excuse these lies from this president. It should be pointed out IF they are all liars this president promised transparency and "Hope" and "Change" and if he IS a liar like everyone else then we haven't had any change.

I should point out I'm not talking about illegals getting Obamacare, I haven't paid much attention to whether that is true or not. I'm speaking more about people not being able to keep their coverage if they liked their coverage and they lost it. That's the lie, because he knew they were going to lose it, that does not sit well with me. Messing with people's healthcare like that and knowing lying about something like that is unconscionable to me.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
As to politicians lying, I don't think you can make a blanket statement and say ALL politicians lie.
It's my own personal opinion that you can't be a successful politician (successful meaning winning an election for any high level position on the state or national level) without being a lying, cheating, manipulative, morally bankrupt scumbag. If you feel that any of them can be trusted, then that's up to you. I'm not going to let myself get burned again. Fool me once, shame on you...you know the rest.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
It's my own personal opinion that you can't be a successful politician (successful meaning winning an election for any high level position on the state or national level) without being a lying, cheating, manipulative, morally bankrupt scumbag. If you feel that any of them can be trusted, then that's up to you. I'm not going to let myself get burned again. Fool me once, shame on you...you know the rest.
There are very few politicians I think are genuine. I can probably count them on one hand. I think Ron Paul is pretty honest, but I've only been following politics for about 6 years. I don't agree with him on everything but I think he's honest.

But I could be wrong. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

And that's fair, but trusting them and them lying at times are two different things. I would trust Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton as leaders. Both had pretty solid leadership skills who made some pretty decisions, even if they weren't perfect. I wouldn't say they were morally bankrupt, or cheating or manipulative, even given Clinton's affairs. The guy made some mistakes, he's human.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There are very few politicians I think are genuine. I can probably count them on one hand. I think Ron Paul is pretty honest, but I've only been following politics for about 6 years. I don't agree with him on everything but I think he's honest.

But I could be wrong. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
I thought that about Ron Paul as well until recent bribery allegations have surfaced regarding his 2012 Presidential campaign.

Former Iowa state Senator Kent Sorenson pleaded guilty this week to concealing $73,000 he was paid to endorse Paul over U.S. Representative Michele Bachmann.
Campaign manager for Mitch McConnell resigns over Ron Paul bribery allegations

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I hope we haven't turned the corner and now live in the "all politicians lie, there's nothing that can be done now" world. ObamaCare is a disaster. Premiums are way up, people are being denied their doctor, abortions are covered, illegals are getting covered, medicaid is so flooded the people that need it are losing their coverage, it is not deficit neutral.
35% of people think this was a good idea. Replacing it should be a no brainer. The "we just gotta live with it" attitude is perplexing to me.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hope we haven't turned the corner and now live in the "all politicians lie, there's nothing that can be done now" world. ObamaCare is a disaster. Premiums are way up, people are being denied their doctor, abortions are covered, illegals are getting covered, medicaid is so flooded the people that need it are losing their coverage, it is not deficit neutral.
35% of people think this was a good idea. Replacing it should be a no brainer. The "we just gotta live with it" attitude is perplexing to me.
It's been perplexing me for a long time.

The reform that Washington really needs is pretty darn simple but for whatever reason nobody seems too concerned with getting our politicians to do that.

Our system is not working the way it was intended to work.

Technically the US has the longest standing Constitution. Now, that would mean something great if our checks and balances were working and our lawmakers were actually required to follow the Constitution.

One of the biggest problems I see is that generally as a nation we've turned our back on God and half of our morals and principles went away along with that one action. There are many people that don't care that Obama is a failure because hey at least they can get an abortion and be supported by everyone else financially.