• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama's new war

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I was pretty sure every president bombed random foreigners every now and then? Least that's been my long understanding.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
But this president promised change and hope. Hell, he even won the Nobel prize based only on his promises.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
We're bombing Yemen now, aren't we? That's pretty new. So you got your change. And you can hope we get the rat bastards, right?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
But this president promised change and hope. Hell, he even won the Nobel prize based only on his promises.
Don't pretend you ever believed that campaign slogan :lol:

I was going to say something similar to EI, were you as outraged when other presidents, Bush most recently, have just gone to war without so much as a "sure let's do it"?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Don't pretend you ever believed that campaign slogan :lol:

I was going to say something similar to EI, were you as outraged when other presidents, Bush most recently, have just gone to war without so much as a "sure let's do it"?
Well, I don't think the issue is whether SS believed that campaign slogan, the issue is that is what he ran on and that is what got him elected.

If you go by him trying to subvert the Constitution by requiring everyone to purchase something then I'd say he did bring "Change". If you go by "he's doing what every other president has done" then he's failed to do so.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well, I don't think the issue is whether SS believed that campaign slogan, the issue is that is what he ran on and that is what got him elected.

If you go by him trying to subvert the Constitution by requiring everyone to purchase something then I'd say he did bring "Change". If you go by "he's doing what every other president has done" then he's failed to do so.
This thread is not about his campaign slogan either. Besides, if we really want to start a discussion on campaign slogans and keeping your word, it will be the shortest MD thread ever since no president in recent memory has ever done it.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
This thread is not about his campaign slogan either. Besides, if we really want to start a discussion on campaign slogans and keeping your word, it will be the shortest MD thread ever since no president in recent memory has ever done it.
I understand that, I was only addressing what you brought up about SS believing it.

I don't know, I remember most presidents in recent years living up to their slogans in large part. It's impossible to live up to every campaign promise, but I've never seen a president run on a slogan like Obama has, and then fail to live up to it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Just because he's failed in your eyes, doesn't make him a failure overall. Sure the republicans are crying failure, when haven't they when a non-republican is in the white house?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Um, isn't that the norm? Don't most people consider those they presidents they don't agree with a failure? Are you implying that is somehow exclusive to Republicans?

And you may consider him a success, that doesn't make him a success. What's your point?