• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama's Horrible Nominations

Wade8813

Registered Member
Obama has two highly controversial nominations right now (on top of all the old ones http://www.generalforum.com/political-news/wow-obama-appointee-nutcase-57945.html). Elena Kagan is being nominated for the US Supreme Court, and Donald Berwick was appointed to be administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Kagan, with no medical expertise, inserted language into a draft statement from doctors from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) without consulting the original doctors. The words she inserted has been used repeatedly in court decisions by judges who believed it was authored by the doctors. In vote, will senators weigh Kagan's tricky words? | San Francisco Examiner

"The problem for me, as a physician," wrote former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop in a letter urging senators to vote against Kagan, "is that she was willing to replace a medical statement with a political statement that was not supported by any existing medical data."
Obama forced through the appointment of Donald Berwick by waiting until Congress wasn't in session. This guy is going to be in charge of an annual budget exceeding $800 billion, and the president decided to skip the confirmation hearings?

Two days ago he decided to submit Berwick to hearings after all, but

Sending the nomination to the Senate following the recess appointment is “simply a formality,” said Reid Cherlin, an administration spokesman.
Obama Sends Senate Berwick Nomination for Medicare - BusinessWeek

Obama's appointments were bad before, but this is getting out of hand.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Just another way he is trying to fundamentally change America: by appointing radical idealogues to positions of power. Has this guy appointed anyone that could be reasonably considered moderate? I'm not aware of a single one. Does he even associate with anyone who is not an extreme left-wing radical nutjob? That is what we get for electing the America hating elitist idealogue who knows what is best for the bitter clingers.

http://www.generalforum.com/874322-post1.html
(shameless thread plug) I hope you will take the opportunity to read Codevilla's excellent article about the ruling class in America.

Wade8813

Registered Member
The thing is, as much as I'd hate it, if he properly appointed a far left candidate who was actually completely qualified, I wouldn't have a real problem with it. I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.