• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama's approval rating falling.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
A) that poll was over two weeks ago

B) still, only 25% say they disapprove of the job he's doing

C) regardless of when it was, it's still way higher than Bush's final 22% approval rating

Tucker

Lion Rampant
We may not have a messiah (and I don't know anyone besides the dittoheads who actually use that term), but at least we got rid of the last bumbler with his 22 percent approval rating. With his track record for screwing up everything he touches, the country would probably be in full-on panic right now. We can be thankful that the pendulum has swung.

By the way, here's an interesting datum from the recent presidential polling: 8 out of 10 Americans blame the Republicans for the current economic crisis that Obama is now busy trying to dig us out of.

BigBob

Registered Member
Yeah, I'm not sure too many people really considered him a Messiah in the first place.

He's doing what he has to do to get us out of what the Bush Administration put us in.

Bwaa

Registered Member
Yeah, I'm not sure too many people really considered him a Messiah in the first place.

He's doing what he has to do to get us out of what the Bush Administration put us in.
i'm ok with that, i see this story from the exterior because i'm not an american but a french man.
There is an Obamania in my country but i think that obama is just here to restore the situation.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
We may not have a messiah (and I don't know anyone besides the dittoheads who actually use that term), but at least we got rid of the last bumbler with his 22 percent approval rating. With his track record for screwing up everything he touches, the country would probably be in full-on panic right now. We can be thankful that the pendulum has swung.

By the way, here's an interesting datum from the recent presidential polling: 8 out of 10 Americans blame the Republicans for the current economic crisis that Obama is now busy trying to dig us out of.
I am not a ditto head. I believe that many people have put entirely too much hope into this man and think that he is going to be their savior. I've seen it too many times. Did you see the clip where the the college student stood up and said "Oh God, thank you for coming here". I know that you may say that it is just a phrase, but put it with the way he was idolizing Obama and I do believe there are some that believe he's the messiah.

I'm not talking about blame. I am pissed at the Republican party too. I just do not believe that someone with three years governmental experience is capable of running this country and his decisions so far, in my opinion make be believe it even more.

It will be interesting to see if we can ever have a conversation without someone playing the "blame the republicans/Bush" card.

Let's move on from that if we can and concentrate on what's taking place today.

I just heard yesterday that Geithner is putting together another trillion dollar stimulus. We'll see if it's true or speculation, but I knew that the last trillion wasn't actually going to be the "last".

This isn't an argument. I am concerned about the future of our country and I just wish he'd stop trying to pass everything the democrats want. Slow down for a bit. Cause we do have to pay for it ya know what I'm saying? You and I and our kids and grandkids have to pay for it all. Can we just slow down a bit with the spending?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's what he keeps saying to keep people fearful and naive.

Honestly though, the Democrats were in control during the second half of the Bush Administration. Do you think the first stimulus package would have passed if Bush was a true conservative? Absolutely not. Do you think Bush would have spent like crazy if he was a fiscal conservative? Absolutely not. Bush was absolutely terrible on spending. He made a lot of right wingers extremely upset with his reckless spending.

So far Obama has been immensely worse. His excuse has been that he is trying to fix the problems that Bush caused. Well, not only is he continuing to do the same things that caused the problems, but he's increased our national debt over a trillion dollars in his first month and a half in office.

So far the Obama presidency has been a miserable excuse to spend spend spend. In four years I wouldn't be surprised if we see a land slide defeat of Obama as the nation pretty much tells him to GTFO. Hopefully when that happens we will still have our shirts on our backs.

Iris

rainbow 11!
He is spending money to create jobs. He is pretty much doing the CCC from the Great Depression. Which is one of reasons why we got out of the GD.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You guys are hilarious. He's been in office for less than two months and already you're calling him the worst man in the history of the world. Did you expect him to turn the country around overnight?

Wade8813

Registered Member
Presidents always get credit/blame for the economic situation. I mean, obviously, Bill Clinton was an economic genius, and single handedly created the entire 90's boom. And as soon as Bush got into office, he thought to himself "Look at all these people getting rich. We can't have that. I'd better do everything in my power to destroy the economy."
:rolleyes: