• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama's "$200M Per Day" India Vacation

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How can anybody support this? How is it that only the so called "Right wingers" are furious with this?

Obama will spend $200 million TAX PAYER DOLLARS PER DAY to bring THOUSANDS of people with him to India for three days.

Cost of Obama's Trip to India Angers Right - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Now, the White House denies the $200 million per day estimate, but declined to say how much the trip would cost. Clearly it's more expensive than they want to admit.

Claim that Barack Obama's India visit will cost $200m a day is 'wildly inflated' | World news | The Guardian

I don't care what side of the aisle you stand on. Every American should be absolutely outraged at this level of unadulterated wasteful spending. If he wants to go on vacation then he should have to do it on his own dime like every other American. And where does he get off having taxpayers ALSO pay for him to bring THOUSANDS of people with him?

While unemployment is at 10% and our economy is in the tanks, Obama and his family simply go on vacation and say "Let them eat cake!".

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
*sigh*

Snopes is your friend.

It's an estimated number made up by an Indian news reporter. The validity is beyond questionable and nothing was ever verified as truth. Besides, if Americans knew where their tax dollars went in the first place (such as teaching kids not to use condoms) this would probably be the least of their worries.

Raos

Registered Member
Your title is misleading as well. This is not a vacation. He is there on business.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The number doesn't really matter, it is the perceived arrogance of the King of America that is so upsetting. Most Americans would be envious of the number of vacations that the Obamas take, let alone the extravagance and oppulence of each vacation. I mean, who gets to send their wife and kids and friends with a huge entourage off to Spain for a little R&R?

This trip to India is just another in a series of over the top narcissism. He reminds me of Kwame Kilpatrick, the now incarcerated former mayor of Detroit who had a whole posse of "bodyguards" and other friends and clingers wherever he went and especially his frequent nights out on the town.

However, this trip is important, even though the timing is poor and makes Obama look bad. India is going to reinvest in its air force and we want them to buy our fighter jets, not ones made by France, Russia, or China.

Raos

Registered Member
It makes me laugh when people get upset by the president taking lots of vacations. Anyone who really things he is "vacationing" is fooling themselves. The president is working constantly during waking hours the entire time he is in office, even while on vacation. I know I would not want a presidential style vacation. I want to relax on my vacations, not work in just a different location.

I am sure that the amount of money that is spend every time he travels is outrageous. I am also fairly confident that most of it is necessary or at least perceived as necessary. I have nothing to back this up other than my own personal feeling, but I would guess that Obama is one of the most in danger of being assassinated presidents we have ever had. His entourage is there to protect him among other things.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
When I saw it, I believed it too. Primarily because of the opulent European trip a few months ago. Did anyone see there was a link on Drudge from a few months ago where the PM from England flew commercial to America to meet Obama. He was quoted saying "We've all got to do our part." There's no way I'd want Obama flying commercial, that's insane, but I do love the leadership Cameron showed by doing that. That's what's missing a lot with Obama. Clinton either really "felt our pain" or was a damn good actor. Bush was the same. I don't see Obama even trying to understand what's going on in the US.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The number doesn't really matter, it is the perceived arrogance of the King of America that is so upsetting. Most Americans would be envious of the number of vacations that the Obamas take, let alone the extravagance and oppulence of each vacation.
I know, I envied Bush a lot, too.

Face it, there's a lot of selfish slackers in Washington, red and blue.

This trip to India is just another in a series of over the top narcissism. He reminds me of Kwame Kilpatrick, the now incarcerated former mayor of Detroit who had a whole posse of "bodyguards" and other friends and clingers wherever he went and especially his frequent nights out on the town.
Yep, it's all arrogance and no safety. Also, do you have a source yet? Because as I mentioned already, almost all of this information is hearsay with no viable evidence.

However, this trip is important, even though the timing is poor and makes Obama look bad. India is going to reinvest in its air force and we want them to buy our fighter jets, not ones made by France, Russia, or China.
I like how you wait until the end to say that. :D