• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obamagate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Easy summary.
Those 3 years where everyone was saying Trump was a Russian agent and Trump was saying he was spied on and setup by Obama.

Trump was right, they were wrong.

Impaired

Registered Member
Data obtained by Fox News shows that thousands of unmasking requests have been fulfilled every year across both the Obama and Trump administrations, reflecting the often routine nature of these requests in intelligence work. The practice is regarded as an important national security tool, a view reflected by these numbers.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence reported that in 2019, the Trump administration had 10,012 unmasking requests fulfilled; 16,721 requests fulfilled in 2018, and 9,529 requests fulfilled in 2017.

During 2016, the last year of the Obama administration, there were 9,217 unmasking requests fulfilled.

So, Obamagate, the Political Crime of the Century, is the unmasking of Flynn.

Unmasking is a practice used far more during this administration.

Thanks Fox News!

Reactions: Doc

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Obama is the most corrupt POTUS in our history. Weaponizing the IRS and now spying on a political opponent. Imagine the outrage from the Dems if we found out Trump was spying on Biden right now. But this jackwagon did it, and they make excuses. It’s pathetic.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Obama is the most corrupt POTUS in our history. Weaponizing the IRS and now spying on a political opponent. Imagine the outrage from the Dems if we found out Trump was spying on Biden right now. But this jackwagon did it, and they make excuses. It’s pathetic.
These are the kinds of posts that keep people out of Serious Discussion. Impaired replied to you with a well thought-out and sourced post but your only response was to double-down and ignore facts. People putting on these types of blinders while continuing to double down on unsourced opinions instead of sourced facts is driving people away from any and all of these discussions. You can count me among them. It's all talking points and bravado with no facts. No one wants to engage with posters who act like that so the posts go ignored which, in the case of a forum, means less people are going to post and share their opinions.

It is very frustrating for me to see what used to be an active community with opinions from all sides devolve into opinion slinging. Most of the replies here used to be long, sourced replies full of facts. What happened to that standard for ourselves? Berating people with your opinion is not the same thing as having a civil, fact-based discussion. Both sides are never going to agree.. but this attitude of yours is literally driving people away.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
These are the kinds of posts that keep people out of Serious Discussion. Impaired replied to you with a well thought-out and sourced post but your only response was to double-down and ignore facts. People putting on these types of blinders while continuing to double down on unsourced opinions instead of sourced facts is driving people away from any and all of these discussions. You can count me among them. It's all talking points and bravado with no facts. No one wants to engage with posters who act like that so the posts go ignored which, in the case of a forum, means less people are going to post and share their opinions.

It is very frustrating for me to see what used to be an active community with opinions from all sides devolve into opinion slinging. Most of the replies here used to be long, sourced replies full of facts. What happened to that standard for ourselves? Berating people with your opinion is not the same thing as having a civil, fact-based discussion. Both sides are never going to agree.. but this attitude of yours is literally driving people away.
First off, Impaired didn’t reply to me. He replied to MIT. I also didn’t reply to him. I was replying to the OP. I wasn’t replying to him. I was referencing Obamagate.

Secondly, my post was very short. I referenced Obama weaponizing the IRS. This is well chronicled and I’ve spoken about it many times on here. He used the IRS as a weapon, against conservative groups and people. I’m not going to post a link to that every single time I reference it. I’m not google. Look it up yourself.

Third, I’m not referencing the unmasking, I’m referencing the spying. Two different issues. Also plenty of evidence, and I’m not going to post links about it every single time I reference it.

Fourth, I’ve been here since 2008, and I don’t recall a time when SD was full of facts and sourced. Some posts have been, some have not. Every single one of us made and those of us still here make sourced, factual posts, and some make short posts like the one I made.

I made short, OPINION post about Obama. I was replying to the OP, NOT Impaired’s post. What I think about Obama is MY opinion, and o referenced TWO specific reasons why I think that way. Don’t like it? I don’t care. I’ve seen Trump referenced as the Cheeto and orange guy, and I don’t whine about “the horrible discourse that drives people away” because I understand people have opinions that differ from mine. And I’m an adult.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm closing this thread due to the lack of content provided in the OP.

Opinion posts in Serious Discussion should be thought out and take time to lay out the story or the case as well as exploring questions that fuel the discussion. If it's just a simple sentence or two, post it in the Bathroom Wall.

Second, this thread quickly got derailed. Better to start a new one and tackle the subject matter better so better discussion is encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.