Obama Waffles (Political Satire)

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Mirage, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Disclaimer: I am posting this for the lol's, not to offend. The site itself has a disclaimer too. I think it's crazy how this election has inspired so many random types of merchandise.

This website is selling Obama Waffles. Actual waffles that you order through the mail and can eat. "Change you can taste" as they say.

Obama Waffles.com: Edible Election 08 Souvenir

Come on, you really do have to have a good chuckle here. :lol:

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

that's funny. In times like these, smart people will make a killing. heck, even if you don't have the resources to do something on this scale you could make some t-shirts and load them on cafepress. (you=general, not hybrix per se.) Whenever emotions run high, people will fork over cash.

3. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

that's the thing about today's political stage: its all gimmicks and stunts like this. people accuse Obama of being a celebrity, but if you think about it being a politician in today's world makes you as much of a celebrity in terms of public scrutiny and whatnot. everyone's got their T-shirts and their bumper stickers. and I'm not just talking about this years candidates, I mean look at George W. Bush! he's inspired a whole line of merchandise based on his infamous "Bushisms" which someone decided to capitalize on by compiling into book, calendar and lord-knows-what-else form.

sure, its funny. but hell, you can't blame someone for being a celebrity when this is what we do to politicians.