Obama the losing ticket...

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Higher, May 17, 2008.

1. Higher

Higher Registered Member

Obama is far too dangerous to be allowed anywhere near the White House... And then there's the matter of Michelle Obama, who just may be the most hateful, racist, Black Nationalist, anti-American woman in America. Comparing her to Cindy McCain is like comparing Typhoid Mary to Mother Theresa...

And then there is Rev. Wright who was Obama's mentor for over 20 years... I don't think an Obama ticket will sell many seats in November...

2. ValentinSelezynov

ValentinSelezynov Registered Member

It most likely wont. I hope the superdelegates realise this, and go with Hillary Clinton.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I was expecting a LOL or sarcasm tag but it's not there, so I guess both of you are serious. When I see criticisms of all candidates, it's interesting that Obama could be so bad because of people that surround him while the other two, McCain and Clinton could be so bad simply because of who they are and what they stand for.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Oh yeah, the OP in this thread is very educated.

/sarcasm.

5. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

okay, Obama will win the Democratic race. But win faced again McCain he will not even come close to winning the presidancy, so in the case the OP is right. Obama will not win not only because of the people who surround him but just because of the different ideas that he has and the things that he will want to do once he gets into the white house. For example, he wants to quickly back out of Iraq (well quicker that anyone else) and imo that is not the best thing to do. And he also has some other debatable views.

It is extremely ignorant to say that Obama will not win just becuase of Michelle Obama and Rev. Wright. They are not Obama, they do not speak for him or make decisions for him. He is his own person. And ultimately they will keep him out of the White house.

IMO John McCain is the best person for presidency and hopefully others will come to see that.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

John McCain is just another Bush and will just keep troops in Iraq longer. I can guarantee that people will not want to see another Republican in the WH for a while.

Why? Because she was being honest?

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

and do you really think that pulling them out right now is the best thing to do?!

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Not right now, maybe within six or 12 months. If we pulled out then there's a chance that the Iraqi people will finally take up arms and fight off terrorism themselves.

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Obama polls better than McCain, and has raised far more money so far, so I'm not quite sure why some folks are so confident he'll lose. Also, Democrats have recently picked up several congressional seats that should have been a lock for the Republicans. Given that, it seems that a lot of players in the GOP are going to be focused on defending their own political careers, as opposed to getting McCain elected. Also, according to polls, Bush is more of a problem for McCain, than Wright is for Obama.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

One more thing: when was the last time you saw an attack ad or smear campaign coming from the Obama camp?