Obama sees unemployment through rose colored glasses

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Obama says: “the key point I'm making right now is that the economy is moving in a positive direction, jobs are being created; they're just not being created as fast as they need to, given the big hole that we experienced…We're moving in the right direction."

Right direction?!? GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS! UNEMPLOYMENT IS 9.6% and RISING!

President Obama Reacts to August Jobs Numbers, Doesn't Mention Net Job Loss of 54K - Political Punch

Does he even believe his own drivel? Is he that clueless?

Even the left-leaning NPR can see that the emperor has no clothes!

'Recovery Summer' Ends With Economic Pothole : NPR

Time? et tu Brute?

Obama Unpopular Ahead of Midterms: Will the GOP Benefit? - TIME

Are even the 'rats now jumping ship?

Feingold to skip Obama rally in Wisconsin | The Upshot Yahoo! News - Yahoo! News

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So....where's the point in this thread? Aside from another insult riddled first post, what are you getting at SS? That he's trying to bullshit this nation? I'm hoping this isn't a suprirse to you because this is not a new political tactic.

Or is it that he is a complete idealogue that is hell-bent on the destruction of America so it can be rebuilt from the ashes in his image?

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, where is this constant dribble of "Obama is trying to conquer the planet" coming from? I mean, it's nothing but tin hat talk and it's not like it's helping anything. Obama is doing what probably most presidents would be doing in this situation: damage control. He's running PR and trying to keep the press away which is of course something that any administration does but the clear problem is that he's not doing enough to curb it.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I suppose the right thing to do for a President would just tell the citizens to get fucked. Really US political discussion is a joke.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I suppose the right thing to do for a President would just tell the citizens to get fucked. Really US political discussion is a joke.
It's becoming an even bigger joke because Americans don't actually have objective news sources any more. Instead of just lightly bias outlets, we have blatant disregard for facts and a taste for tailored truth.

Hiei

The Hierophant
The United States Unemployment Rate

I think that this is a pretty interesting link right here. It has the unemployeement rates for the US broken down by month and it can go back as far as 1948. The one thing that I want to point out is that Obama hasn't gotten the unemployeement rate under 9% almost the entire time he's been in office. I don't care what he was following in order of financial issues caused by Bush. Bush kept unemployeement between 4 - 7% while, under Obama started out at 7.7% and it's gone up to 10.1% and it's hovering in the high 9%.

Obama has the highest unemployeement rate as a president since Reagan. Reagan peaked the unemployeement rate at 10.8%. Let's see how high Obama can go.
------

I think that would be a pretty good idea. American politics are a joke and I don't think it has much to do with media bias. The bigger problem is that our system is so completely fucked that the citizens don't really have much of a say in anything anymore. We think we do because we think we get to elect our officials, but the man behind the curtain is pulling all the strings. We're just watching it all play out like a bad soap opera.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
FYI, I did go back and edit the OP to tone it down a little bit. The previous quotes were taken from before the edit.

@ Cons: Yes, I'm pissed. The current state of the economy I blame squarely on Obama. I feel that just about everything he has done is making the economic situation worse. I'm not saying he and his administration caused the mess, just that it seems that they continue to make it worse with everything they propose as a fix.

My business is down almost 50% from last year. I feel it is mostly due to the anti-business environment and uncertainty caused by Obama's policies and actions.

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
On seeing todays news, I see Obama is now willing to do as Republicans wanted to do to help American economy when Obama first came to office with increased tax cuts instead of increased spending...

Obama now looks like a complete failure to his party and the world. Somewhere I saw worst public figure in America. I think Obama just took a higher spot on this list lol.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm going to try and do my best to not be rude, but only a truly ignorant slouch would blame the entire economy on Obama. The economy is massive and encompasses all of us. The President is like a cowboy with one rope trying to herd stampeding bulls so blaming on him is pretty silly. Next to that red "fire the missiles" phone on his desk, contrary to popular belief, there is not a knob for controlling the temperature of the economy. American consumers did a good job of fucking themselves over, too. As someone working in debt collection, I can tell you that we've never seen a spike in our business like now and that's because Americans are retards when it comes to handling their money. It's not just the president here, it's all sorts of things.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I know I am not American, and perhaps I do not understand so much when it comes to American economy. But I do know the things Obama did when he was first elected, throwing Billions of US dollars at a sinking ship (US economy) only plugs holes for a short time, the entire world said this! Obama did not listen and instead did as he wanted, now the US economy is so much worse for this.

It makes sense to me to give Americans more tax breaks + more money for Americans = more American's spending = a better economy. In another thread, I do not remember which, an American said the average American pays over 1/3 of their income in taxes! This seems so high to me, and for each dollar the US Government spends 44 cent is borrowed money from other countries???? Only 1 years ago it was not even half of that.

Like I say, American economics is nothing I know so much about, but from what I see in the news and reading articles, neither does Obama lol.