Obama on The View

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Okay, I was flipping through the channels late last night, and stopped on CNN. The "Breaking News" was how "inappropriate" Obama's appearance was on The View, and how people were reacting to it and criticizing him for it. I don't get it, what's the big deal? So, he appeared on day time television. There's nothing wrong with that... is there?

Ultra_Critical

Registered Member
I don't see the issue here. Being visible to the public in any way that can reach the masses such as day time television is a great thing. Also, they didn't seem to be too off topic or just fooling around, having a good time either; he mentioned some very serious situations befalling this country at the moment.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't see too much of a big deal.

I don't see the issue here. Being visible to the public in any way that can reach the masses such as day time television is a great thing. Also, they didn't seem to be too off topic or just fooling around, having a good time either; he mentioned some very serious situations befalling this country at the moment.
Yeah but it's not like Joy Behar is capable of asking tough pointed follow-up questions. I just think the appearance to many seems to "celebrity" and not "presidential" enough.

Ultra_Critical

Registered Member
Yeah but it's not like Joy Behar is capable of asking tough pointed follow-up questions. I just think the appearance to many seems to "celebrity" and not "presidential" enough.
Agreed. I wasn't rallying for our country after I had watched the segments on YouTube. However, it is better than staying hidden and letting the speculation and doubt surround him. Americans are very untrustworthy of their president, and rightfully so after the eight year wonder blunder.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally don't see it as a big deal. Even though I haven't seen the reactions of the suppose outraged people, I don't understand why they would make a big deal over something silly like this.

He doesn't need to be on politics type of shows all the time.

What furiates me the most is when people react in a negative fashion when Obama is at a sporting event. Presidents have been going to sporting events for ages.

Here's a nice picture of Dwight D. Eisenhower at a Baseball game, that's just one of many pictures I have of Presidents at Baseball games, especially older ones.

Yesterday was probably the first, last and only time I actively listened to The View and it was only just to see what kind of dumbass questions would get asked. Nothing stupid was asked so I was partially disappointed:-/

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I have no problem with it. Just because previous presidents didn't stray far from Political type talk shows, doesn't mean that Obama can't. I find it quite respectable actually. Though, I don't know why he can't go on other talk shows and help their ratings as well. It seems like The View is his top choice, apparently since Michelle watches it =)

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
I don't mind it too much, it's a public appearance and a chance to speak to citizens that might not watch his other more "job-related" appearances, if that makes sense.

It was funny, on the Daily Show they joked around about him being on such an "off topic" show, and then continued showing clip after clip of the women on the view asking very pertinent questions in a respectful manner.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
I don't see it as a big deal; I don't see why some people would deem his appearance on the View as inappropriate. Nonsense!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I learned that apparently there's some show on mtv about a bunch of skanky women that neither I nor Obama have ever heard of and one of them thinks she's a mayor or something...

But I really don't think anyone outside of CNN has called the appearance inappropriate. Its just a chick show.