Obama on Sex Education.

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by dDave, Sep 10, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

ok really? He wants kindergartners to get sex education? :rolleyes:

I realize that this is old news (2007) but I was watching Fox news and this came up.

YouTube - Barack Obama Sex Education for Kindergarteners???

He's sort of making fun at first at the people who attack him that he's for it, then he goes on and says "but it's the right thing to do" wait a minute... did I miss something?

Kindergartners should NEVER EVER get sex education I can't believe anybody would ever say that.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The comment was taken a bit out of context, BUT, I do think he's a bit overboard on this. Here's another article about it:

Obama and sex ed for kids - First Read - msnbc.com

I have to ask, how hard is it for parents to talk to their kids about such issues at younger ages? It's just going to be awkward in school. Parents need to step up and raise their own kids to be self aware, at least at such early ages.

3. Sim

Sim Registered Member

Why not? There are ways to tell your kids about it in a way that's appropriate, without confusing them or going too much into the details, but without lying either. My parents first told me about it when I was 3 years old and my mother was pregnant.

I really don't get your American prudish thing. You have no problem bombing your kids with violence, buy them toy guns, but you don't think you should tell them about love? Just weird.
    ------
    Now this is sick shit:

YouTube - Jesus Camp 6 of 9

Switch to minute 3:40.

I've not seen such a sick kind of child abuse since the last documentary about the Hitler Youth.

THOSE are child molesters.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
    Jeanie likes this.
  4. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

I agree. The fact is, kids are gonna know sooner or later, and it's better not to lie to them. Kindergartners won't suddenly be attracted to each other and start trying to get into each others pants because adults are attracted to each other.

Besides, public schools have opt out forms from everything from Halloween activities to sex ed. Obama won't be forcing corruption on your children.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

it's more than just "a bit" out of context. it's completely out of context, which is typical of every smear and fear, attack and detract tactic that the Right is using to get people to focus away from the real issues, because they have no legitimate position on the issues that matter to Americans.

6. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Come on Sim lighten up, that was hilarious. Cardboard Bush walking up on stage. "Hi Mr. President."

7. Jeanie

warning warning thread derailment time

I grew up in a cult like that. that shit really happens. it happened to me. it took me years to deprogram a lifetime of brainwashing. it's truly despicable.

8. sugar_lump

sugar_lump Registered Member

Amen! I couldn't agree more.

9. Jeanie

with what?

10. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Oh I dunno, I remember in kindergarten they made us watch a video about good touch and bad touch and the importance of telling an adult if you get bad touched.

Isn't that a form of sex education?