Obama: More post-traumatic stress aid to vets

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
AP News: Obama: More post-traumatic stress help for vets

President Obama extends more post-traumatic stress aid to veterans. I think this is a very good thing. I agree with this statement:

"This is a long overdue step," Obama said. "It's a step that proves America will always be here for our veterans, just as they've been there for us. We won't let them down. We take care of our own."
Thoughts?

Of course I agree with this, no reason in not giving aid to those who have been through the most stressful things a human being can witness.

BigBob

Registered Member
It is defiantly something that has been long over due. For some time now, it's basically been.. "hey, you fought in a couple of wars for us, but we're done with you so go live on the streets" or at least that's how I've felt that it's been.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It is defiantly something that has been long over due. For some time now, it's basically been.. "hey, you fought in a couple of wars for us, but we're done with you so go live on the streets" or at least that's how I've felt that it's been.
Yeah, I think so too. I think the main problem is the failure to accept this as a real injury since it's not one that can be seen, unlike a blown off leg for example. I think this is a step in the right direction.