Obama...inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Elf1, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Elf1

Elf1 Registered Member

Does everyone have a love fest for this guy?

A ton of white guilt? Or is it just the desire to root for the minority?

Help me out here, because nobody has started any thread on this joke and his lack of substance.

He makes a statement about getting out of Iraq. Now he changes it and states he is only "qualifying" earlier statements.

"IF I am elected president, we are bringing the troops home!" (Wild manic applause by all the hippy left overs).

"When I am elected, I will evaluate when we will bring them home."

It isn't his only problem. Friendships with terrorists (actual terrorist), friends with a racist minister where one moment he states he never heard a sermon that was racist in nature...other than the one he disclosed in his book (wonder why that never made it to the media reports...).

WTF?

2. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

Well said.
    What I have a problem with is how people say, "I like Obama, because he's so well spoken".
    He speaks well when he is reading from a script, but when he has to adlib, like in any if his debates, he stutters
    That's what I noticed

3. Elf1

Elf1 Registered Member

The reason he stutters in debates is because he has no substance.

I don't like McCain, and I don't like Obama.

At work though, everyone has the raging hard on for Obama. So I put them to a challenge. Take any single republican running (back when Romney was in it with McCain, Ron Paul, and Mike Huckabee), and compare it with both Hillary and Obama's website.

The challenge...look at their statements and see if they explain "how" they will do what they promise.

With Obama, everyone loves "change". Time for a change. Got to have change. We need a change.

But when you look at "how" that change will come, it is completely void.

Hard to have a debate when everything is smoke and mirrors.

Mirage likes this.
  4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I've liked Obama for a very long time for his ideas first, and optimism second. Take away all of his change speak and I'd still vote for him based on his policy. That being said, I appreciate the fact that he has a good attitude - I trust him to work across the aisle MUCH more than Bush.

Jeanie and Swiftstrike like this.
  5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Read Obama's book his he has a lot of "subtance" there. Although I will say what he is saying now is a bit of a difference than what he professed in his book.

What does that mean? Well he's trying to get elected and trying to grab a larger demographic.

He has cut off all ties with his minister and I have no idea why you are associating his views with what the Rev. Wright said. Obama has stated time and time again that he was outraged and has since cut all relationship ties with the minister. I think you trying to tie a different person with Obama's substance is just terrible logic.

It's like calling someone stupid because they associate with dumb people when the person could be brilliant. Faulty logic.

Obviously you can't rush the troops back as it is. And he is well-spoken and most of his speeches were without the help of a teleprompter during the primaries.

McCain has changed his views and lacked substance in what he puts forth too but right now they are trying to get elected for president. Opinions will change for each candidate with how the polls swing.

Now there is the issue with negotiating with terrorists or global leaders like Iran. Personally I like his view. Once communications break-down between groups of people that is when disaster can strike and McCain has really been adamant about not negotiating with "terrorists". But the leader of Iran may directly or indirectly support "terrorists" but the fact of the matter remains that he is the leader (atm) of the country.

Imagine if Khrushchev and Kennedy broke down communication during the Cuban missile crisis...

I think communicating with the leader of a significantly less powerful country and less threatening country dwarf's in comparison.

6. Unity

Very well said, Swift. Makes me want to join the Sith! lol

I don't understand the double standards people are applying to this race. Obama was associated with a idiot pastor, and McCain accepted the nod initially from a guy who called the Catholic Church a "cult." That didn't make me question Obama, and it didn't make me question McCain. Like you said, association with idiots does not make an idiot, necessarily.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Ta-da! You've figured out the answer!

It's called politics, Elf. Every single one of them are liars, fakes, cheats, and sock sniffers. If they don't fit all three, they fit at least two, no exceptions. Obama is just pushing all the right buttons at the moment. I think he'll flatten McCain (unfortunately) because his "Change" platform is so popular and McCain doesn't have anything special going for him.

Obama is no different than any other candidate, he's just popular.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It wouldn't surprise me if elections in November were held by texting numbers to Fox.

I wonder if Obama can sing the National Anthem? If so he might be the full package! :rolleyes:

On a serious note, he doesn't have enough experience if you ask me, but apparently good looks and charisma make up for that.

If McCain and Obama had each others views entirely and were running on opposite tickets than what they are now I'd bet that Obama would still be winning in the polls right now.

9. Unity

On the question of experience, his time as a civic lawyer, state-level politician and the time he's had in the national senate is enough for me. If anything, he's less likely to be dredged down in D.C. ways than McCain. He'd be more willing to question 'politics as usual' and cross party lines, at least I'd hope so.

I don't think people who question his experience are wrong for questioning that, I just respectfully disagree. Congressmen/women have way too much of a re-election rate and I'm usually happy to see fresh faces in Washington, if that makes sense.

10. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

YouTube - Obama campaign rep STUMPED on legislative accomplishments

I love the looonngg uncomfortable pause. That's classic.