Obama Hates Gamers

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by icegoat63, May 10, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Because Apparantly we're not using Technology Properly... or at least how he feels it should be used.

But alas... much like my dad and Grandparents, and any other old kook that is scared of Technology he openly admitted he doesnt even know how to use it.

Mr. Obama... Dont knock it 'till you've tried it.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Lol, I agree with Obama here. Too many kids play video games instead of doing things that they are supposed to do, such as homework, going to bed on time, etc.

Parents aren't immune to abusing video games either. I pretty much agree with him 100%. :lol:

3. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

LOL!! Read a book???? What's that??? :lol:

Maybe the pres should make us give our technology gadgets to a poor person who is out of a job since us working folks have to be at work anyways to pay for everyones medical and also to pay for the car manufacturers debt.......:lol::lol:

BTW I'm not giving up my Ipod for nothin'!!!! :D

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Don't want to go off topic here, but I would like for you to elaborate on the bolded part. I don't believe that makes any sense. How would you know? What is on time for you is probably totally different for millions of other people.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Lol, on time is simply going to bed with enough time to wake up rested. There are so many high schoolers that sleep through multiple classes per day. What I found to be true was that many of these people were either staying up late playing Everquest or they were out partying. Then there were the few who just had a lot of homework, but those were the rarities.

6. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

Kids waste time on a lot of things they shouldn’t. Obama seems to just be using familiar references and popular iconography—poorly, at that—to get people on his side. He’s politicizing something about which he knows little. It’s just a cheap scapegoat to feign interest.

Also, the puzzle games, 3-dimensional skill-building games, etc., these are all of no worth? It is entertainment. He should have just said, “I support a more cautious use of technology, with parental guidance, and carefully monitored entertainment to make sure time is not taken from studies etc...”

“I don’t really know what it is, or what it does, but I’m against it.”

[​IMG]

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I very much agree with Obama.

No it's not. Kids should sleep at least 8 hours a day. That is scientifically proved as something healthy. [not only for kids but also for adults].
    So it's not a matter of preference, it's a matter of what's healthier for your body.
    If we all went by preferences [on everything] then our body would be a kaos.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Once again, someone is using video games as an excuse for something that is the fault of the parents and educators of this country. Unfortunately it's the president this time (who might I add as a light side note, bought his kids a Wii) who is attempting this weak path of logic. It's not a new tactic so let's have an appropriate response:

Video games, like drinking, eating, spending money, appointing qualified members to your administration, exercise and basically everything else fun or entertaining requires moderation and responsibility. Video games are going through what comic books did in the thirties and forties, this series of villifications attempting to smear them as some sort of evil or poisonous thing. Like Obama is here, most critics of games also overlook many of the positives such as problem solving skills, hand eye coordination, moral choice, and consequences of your actions.

I'll just sit here and wait for the counter arguments.

Stegosaurus likes this.