Obama gives shout out to... WTF?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
From rajah:

In an interview with NBC news, U.S. President Barack Obama references WWE when explaining why he doesn't watch political talk shows on cable television. Obama told reporter Brian Williams, "I've used this analogy before, it feels like WWF [sic] wrestling. Everybody's got their role to play."
Clearly, there's still room for improvement at the top.

Why is it every time somebody famous comments on the WWE they always say WWF? That's one of my hang ups. :\

Hey, looking at his quote, isn't that from The Rock? Know your role? LOL! I guess Obama is taking a page out of his book. Haha

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Given his position on global aid perhaps he was referring to the World Wildlife Foundation Wrestling? You never know.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Why is it every time somebody famous comments on the WWE they always say WWF? That's one of my hang ups. :\
Eh, maybe they've always known it as the WWF. I still find myself referring to it as that on occasion.
------
Given his position on global aid perhaps he was referring to the World Wildlife Foundation Wrestling? You never know.
And in this corner...GIAAAAAAANT...PAAAAAANDAAAAA!

Last edited:

wooly

I am the woolrus
A lot of people will never be able to shake the WWF thing. I mean, even Vince McMahon said WWF when he was being interviewed the last week!

Maybe Obama was a fan back in the Attitude Era. He lost interest once they dropped the sex and violence :p

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was weird for me at first when they switched to the WWE but honestly that's what I think of it as now. It's been what, 8 years or so? Maybe longer? At least it seams like it's been that long.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe it was 2002 or so when it was changed to the WWE...

So yeah, its been a really long time.