• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama complaining about Fox News and Rush Limbaugh

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Conservative media watchdogs push back on Obama's Fox News criticism | Fox News

Dear Lord here we go again. First off Mr. President there are going to be people who disagree with you. If I'm a conservative member of Congress I'm going to think your plans suck (and they do) not just from a Constitutional perspective but from an economic perspective. Learn to live with it, not all of us bow down to you and your alleged greatness. This isn't something that is exclusive to you. Secondly, quit blaming Fox News and Rush Limbaugh for opposition. I've never once heard you blame The New York Times, ABC, MSNBC, or anyone else for doing the same towards Democrats. Thirdly, it's the freakin job of the media to question you. Not every news media is going to fawn over you and ask idiotic questions like Steve Kroft or Katie Couric would (because afterall not only do they adore you but they lack the intellectual capacity to ask a tough question) and you're just going to have to learn to live with tough questions like EVERY other president has has to go through. Lastly, you're a lawyer Mr. Obama (at least you were until you allegedly turned in your law license) and I'm disappointed in your inability to defend your position. If I were president I would have enough confidence in my opinions and beliefs to debate anyone on my positions and if I felt the other side was right I would say so. I wouldn't hide behind the "they just keep attacking my administration". You have the bully pulpit. Grow a pair and USE it to defend yourself and your positions and quit hiding behind the rest of the media that worships you.

Thoughts? Do you think the media should stop being the watchdog and ask Obama tough questions and we should let him do whatever he wants?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obama needs to just accept the fact that they are a right wing media that is always going to support the right no matter what. Sometimes I don't want the parties to agree too much, they end up passing too many laws.

As far as Limbaugh he needs to consider the source and look over him. He's just a shit stirrer that likes to get people upset. That's his job as a right wing commentator and it gets him ratings and in the news.

Not everyone is going to like you and some will go to great lengths to make you look bad. I'm sure when someday a republican is in the White House the left will do all they can to make them look bad. I just hope the right can take the same criticism and say oh well we do it to the left instead of developing selective amnesia.

What would be better is all media outlets stick to the facts instead of embellishing on them or trying to turn around what is said to mean something else for ratings. I think any president should be asked the tough questions. The questions shouldn't have to be approved like has been going on for decades by both sides. If you are approving the questions beforehand then you have a speech all ready for it.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
You're sure someday when a Republican is in the White House the left will do all they can to make them look bad? Isn't that what happened between 2000 and 2008? And I don't remember George Bush constantly whining about MSNBC. In fact, I seem to remember a then Senator Barack Obama from Ill. calling George Bush unpatriotic and I don't remember anyone crying "You just don't like him because he's white!"

People have differences of opinion. If I were President I wouldn't expect MSNBC to like me. I wouldn't expect Katie Couric to agree with me. I wouldn't expect Bill Maher to go on his show and praise me. It's ALWAYS been this way.

I think raising taxes right now is a bad idea. I think raising the debt ceiling is a bad idea. I think not cutting our out of control spending is a bad idea. I'm not going to vote for a representative that agrees with those things, I couldn't give a crap whether he has an (R) or a (D) after his name. For Obama to complain about people not agreeing with him and blaming it on the media shows he's more of a little girl that I thought. People are going to disagree with him, people are going to criticize him. I'M going to criticize him. Why? Because I disagree with EVERYTHING he wants to pass. It's called dissent, maybe he should look it up. And if he can't stand the heat, then maybe he should get out of the kitchen.

I mean seriously, who runs for president then bitches to no end about the job?

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes you have the right to criticize him, anyone does if they don't like his policies just like Obama has the right to criticize the press. As long as he isn't telling them what they can print, so what. I don't think any president, including Obama, expects everyone to like him or agree with him if they do they are idiots. I really don't see this as him bitching about the job, just FOX and I'm not crazy about FOX either they do like to put their spin on things.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The difference is he sought the job and along with the job comes criticism. I criticize him because in my opinion they retard economic growth. He criticizes the media because they question him. Instead of defending his policies he creates this straw man...why? Because his policies are economically stupid so he creates this smoke and mirrors. He doesn't criticize the media because they create bad policy, they don't pass any policy.

If he doesn't like Fox News questioning him on say Benghazi then man up and tell the truth, and quit hiding behind the skirts of Susan Rice and Hillary Clinton.
------
I should add, just because I oppose his policies I'm not anti-Obama, I'm not a racist, if I'm a member of Congress I'm not an obstructionist, I just recognize bad policy. Just because I disagree with him as others do he needs to stop taking it personally. It's not personal, his policies are just stupid.

Last edited: