• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning’s sentence

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha, you are so right. Will correct that.

Reactions: Doc

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I read all about it this morning and I'm seriously happy. The leaks were an embarrassment but she never put anyone in harm's way and, imo, she was already punished too much.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
All jokes aside; I"m glad that her sentence was commuted. I'm hoping that this will lead to settlements with Assange and Snowden, also. I feel as if coming down so hard on whistleblowers will only lead to the government being able to keep even more massive secrets from the people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The stuff she leaked wasn't top secret and sure opened eyes to what was really going on so no she didn't deserve 35 years. Not that I think its alright for a soldier to release secret military information, it could get soldiers killed but it didn't and in this case she did us a favor.

In case you need to brush up on some of what was released.
What Bradley Manning Revealed