• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Obama: Chugging 40s with 'Hoods in the Hizzy?'

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've got mixed feelings on this. For one, I don't use those types of words even in a joking manner. I use proper English save for a few slang words every now and then and don't see the need for words like "Hizzy" or "crib" or whatever. Secondly, the article itself brought up a reason why he used this language to begin with, that is the President inviting Common to the White House. I certainly wouldn't disgrace the White House with someone who uses the language and song topics that he uses. Thirdly, language such as this has become more and more prevalent and we can't be pointing a finger crying "racism" every time someone uses that language. Fourthly, I recall many mocking George Bush with a southern drawl implying Southerners are dumb and slow and I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

I'm not saying what he said was or wasn't racially driven, what I am saying this by itself seriously lacks any credible evidence that it beyond a reasonable doubt was.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
"What's with all these hoods in the house?" Bolling wondered out loud as the screen showed a picture of the President of Gabon with bling flashing in his mouth. Yeah, that's defensible.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Tell me Tuck, is Bongo a hoodlum? What is it that you like so much about him?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I know nothing about Bongo. That's hardly relevant to the point of Bolling's inappropriateness. What have disparaging racial caricatures to do with business, anyway?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Maybe you should find out who he is before you assume it's all about race.
Obama Invites Ali Bongo to White House - ABC News
There's no question as to whether or not Bolling's most recent hate speech was wrong. He apologized for it himself. If you can't understand how seeing something like that on television can be deeply hurtful to some, I can only assume that it's because the victims of the racial slandering in this case aren't enough like you to warrant your interest and rouse any sort of human empathy response.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
There's no question as to whether or not Bolling's most recent hate speech was wrong. He apologized for it himself. If you can't understand how seeing something like that on television can be deeply hurtful to some, I can only assume that it's because the victims of the racial slandering in this case aren't enough like you to warrant your interest and rouse any sort of human empathy response.
Is it shoot for the eyes day today? Nobody told me.

Where did I defend Bolling? I merely pointed out who Bongo is and why he might to be referred to as a "hood". Who are the victims of this slander? Bongo? Yeah, i guess you're right, i have very little in common with a guy who
"Omar Bongo and now his son Ali Bongo have for more than 40 years run a regime in Gabon which diverts their country's wealth for their family's personal use," Sen. Carl Levin, D.-Michigan, told ABC News. Sen. Levin said that a 2010 Congressional report on foreign corruption from an investigative committee that he chairs "shows how the Bongos misused U.S. financial institutions to carry out suspicious transactions involving millions of dollars."
Should I have empathy for Bongo?

And you know what you get when you assume...

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Not shoot for the eyes day, no. I just wandered off for a second. Still learning here.

Here's a certain ex-official at the Hizzy (back when it was the Whigger House, I guess) spooning with now-ousted strongmen Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan and Hosni Mubarak of Egypt. Both were forced out of office for their corruption, which was common knowledge in both cases at the time. That does not give MSNBC license to make racial slurs about those men, nor would you ever see such an unprofessional, race-baiting, truly immature segment on that network. It only figures that FOX Business is no more about business than FOXNews is about news.