Obama/Biden vow to rip nation in half after election

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Joe Biden says Barack Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush administration if elected | World news | guardian.co.uk

honestly, let it go Joe. Regardless of who wins, we need to come together as a country.
I sincerely mean that. Spirited debate is good leading into an election, but there comes a time to leave it behind. If Obama's the President, he's MY President. Criminal charges against the last administration sends a clear message that I'm the President of everyone that agrees with me.

We do need to come together as a country.

And we've all come together to agree that Bush and his whole administration are criminals.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
With all respect, I doubt very seriously that you'd be making this impassioned plea for brotherly togetherness had Bush been a Democrat. Call it an educated guess.

On the other hand, I might be saying the same thing you are now if he were. Who knows? I'm only human and subject to bias like everyone else. But I do value truth and justice, and deep in my heart I would know that when any public official is suspected of violating the Constitution, there is an obligation of the highest order for lawmakers to investigate. Looking the other way would only add another entry to a list of wrongs that is far too long as it stands.

Just so you know, this had virtually nothing to do with Barack Obama. I watched Biden's remarks live and he indicated that the wheels are already turning in Congress to fully inspect the facts and come to a decision on the legality of the many dark and dubious policies that have materialized under the current Administration.

And by the way - "rip [the] nation in half"? That's already been quite well seen to, thank you very much, courtesy of the uber-partisan antics of Messrs. Bush and Cheney and their shadowy cadre of far-right lieutenants. GW isn't the least popular American president in all of history because he and his minions leaned too far across the proverbial aisle. A bit too late now, and a tad hypocritical to boot, for Republicans to suddenly cry that we need the genie back put in the bottle.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I mean this with all sincerity and no hint of trying to trap you or insult.

what parts of violating the Constitution are they going after?

Wade8813

Registered Member
I disagree with you, MiT, to some extent.

There is widespread opinion that Bush/Cheney have broken a lot of laws. I think it should be looked into. That said, I'm not sure it's the next president's job to do that.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
MenInTights, I cannot describe my disgust at this title.

Did they vow, or say it's a possibility? A vow means they will, raising the possibility is a might.

Partisan hackery ftl.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
MenInTights, I cannot describe my disgust at this title.

Did they vow, or say it's a possibility? A vow means they will, raising the possibility is a might.

Partisan hackery ftl.
YouTube - Biden "We will pursue the Bush Administration"

Audience: "will you pursue violations made against our Constitution by the current administration"
Joe Biden: "Yes.....We will not be astopped from pursuing any criminal offense that has occured....They will be pursued."
The rip the country in half was my own interjection as that's exactly what would happen if you start throwing guys from the last administration in jail.

Seriously though, what is the charges? The article talked about Guantanamo Bay. Is that it? I've never heard what they're looking for.
I search google and all I get is war crimes for Iraq. Well, that's just silly. I mean Clinton was tried and convicted of "war crimes" by some international group, but it would be ridiculous to export Clinton so that he can "serve his time." Throwing Clinton in a Belgrade jail would rip this country in half also.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I mean this with all sincerity and no hint of trying to trap you or insult.

what parts of violating the Constitution are they going after?
The list of possibles is long, but here is a webpage that frames the situation in historical context without skewing into hate speech or conspiracy theory:

George W. Bush’s Impeachable Offenses: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

Joe Biden: "Yes.....We will not be stopped from pursuing any criminal offense that has occured....
They (meaning the Federal government as a whole, to which Biden's "we" actually refers) are obligated to do so under the law. It would be treasonous for them to let slide a known or even suspected criminal/impeachable offense by the holder of the country's highest office. And again, neither Obama nor Biden are the driving forces behind the ongoing investigation.

Clinton was tried and convicted of "war crimes" by some international group. ... Throwing Clinton in a Belgrade jail would rip this country in half also.
Sources, please? I know nothing of this conviction.

And may I presume, then, that you're philosophically opposed to Clinton's 1998 impeachment for lying to a grand jury about his affair? Just yes or no will do.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The list of possibles is long, but here is a webpage that frames the situation in historical context without skewing into hate speech or conspiracy theory:

George W. Bush’s Impeachable Offenses: Newsroom: The Independent Institute
Very good. thanks.

Sources, please? I know nothing of this conviction.
Belgrade sentences Clinton for war crimes | WORLD | NEWS | tvnz.co.nz A good start. Again, I don't support the idea at all.

And may I presume, then, that you're philosophically opposed to Clinton's 1998 impeachment for lying to a grand jury about his affair? Just yes or no will do.
no.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
That is some funny shit. Fourteen world leaders, including the heads of the U.S., England and France, sentenced to prison in a district court for stopping the ethnic cleansing in what was then Yugoslavia. I thought Amsterdam was a drug-drenched city, but Belgrade bud must be a monster of skunky sticky.

Thanks for digging that up.

For the record, I don't want to see Bush jailed, either; even if he's convicted in America by Americans following American law as opposed to the piss-ant crackpots who sentenced Clinton, Blair, Chirac and the others to twenty years each. I think GW got in over his head with the presidency; his embarrassing legacy of fucking up everything he's touched and the twenty years of aging he's done since 9/11 might be punishment enough. Still, no elected (or election-stealing) official should trifle with our Nation's founding document and get away with it. Oh, what to do, what to do?

Hmm, maybe Obama will pardon him... :)