• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Obama 2008 vs 2014

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's an interesting bit from Obama in 2008.

2008 Candidate & Constitutional Law Professor Barack Obama Would Hate President Obama Right Now

I'm not going to go on and on about broken promises (because honestly, we all know he's a liar and don't need any more proof) but what interests me is the situation we've got here. Obama stated in very specific language exactly how I think things should work. I actually agree with what Obama said, can you imagine a government that actually worked with all of the checks and balances?

He's proven that he knows how it's supposed to be but he is making a conscious choice to do it the wrong way. In other words, he knows he's doing it wrong.

I think 2008 Obama would be pissed at 2014 Obama.

Thoughts?

Sim

Registered Member
I agree. Not sure if "liar" is the right words, because all top politicians make promises they can't or won't keep all the time, but he certainly didn't live up to the expectations he evoked.

Obama is a failure.

That said, I think there is nobody else who'd be a lesser failure. Obama already was the best possible candidate for the office. That he failed so blatantly is proof that the system is thoroughly broken. Candidates don't make a difference anymore as long as the structures remain the same. IMO.

dDave

V.I.P.
I agree. Not sure if "liar" is the right words, because all top politicians make promises they can't or won't keep all the time, but he certainly didn't live up to the expectations he evoked.
I would argue that it's still lying even though everyone does it, that's beside the point though.

I definitely agree that he doesn't live up the expectations he evoked. There are still those out there that think Obama is greatest thing to happen to America.

Obama is a failure.
I've been saying this all along.

That said, I think there is nobody else who'd be a lesser failure. Obama already was the best possible candidate for the office. That he failed so blatantly is proof that the system is thoroughly broken. Candidates don't make a difference anymore as long as the structures remain the same. IMO.
I suppose it defines how you define "best". Sure, he got the most votes, but does that make him the best? I think he was the best at selling himself. He said a lot of what he was going to do on the campaign trail (such as fundamentally transforming America) and he's just that. Other times his campaign promises were empty.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
He said a lot of what he was going to do on the campaign trail (such as fundamentally transforming America) and he's just that. Other times his campaign promises were empty.
You've just described 100% of American politicians. Until money is either removed or severely cut from politics, the best marketers will always win.