• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Oakland A's vs Kansas City Royals(Wild Card Game)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The first Wild Card game goes tomorrow. It's between Oakland and the Royals. What a great pitching match-up we have. On one side we have James Shields who's 14-8 with a 3.21 ERA. On the other side you have Jon Lester who's 16-11 with a 2.46 ERA. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Use this thread to discuss this match-up.

Go Royals.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The A's are my second favorite team so I hope that they win

But its cool KC gets a home playoff game

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Red Sox fans are very interested in this game we want them to sign both guys this winter.

I'd like to see the Royals get some playoff face time but it's hard rooting against Lester knowing what he does in the post season. Should be a good game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mathewson
Hoyt
Lester

Q: Name the top 3 postseason pitchers all-time in ERA (minimum 10 starts).

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Mathewson
Hoyt
Lester

Q: Name the top 3 postseason pitchers all-time in ERA (minimum 10 starts).
The guy is money in big games and someone is going to pay him this offseason.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
James Shields vs Jon Lester!! You cannot ask for a better pitching match up for a 1 game playoff. I can't wait for 8 o'clock because this game is going to be an absolute gem. Go Royals :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Time for my prediction. Lester has owned the Royals. If this were a series I'd pick the Royals. In one game, against Lester, I don't see KC winning. Oakland also has a good pen. A 1-0 game wouldn't surprise me. But, go Royals.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
How about a 1 out triple in the bottom of the 12th - then a little chopper up the 3rd baseline to tie it at 8-8. Player stealing second and the catcher couldn't catch the pitch out. Then the batter hits a single up the 3rd baseline to win the fucking game. How about that? Royals win!