O.J. Simpsons

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by 31marquis32, Dec 28, 2006.

1. 31marquis32

31marquis32 Guest

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

hahaha. WTF? why is the youtube screen so big?

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Good stuff, thanks Marquis!

Hoosier.

4. sportsaholic

sportsaholic Guest

Don't you think they need to lay off of O.J.? Yes, he probably killed Nicole and Ron but people are forgetting his football career. Now he's only remembered for the murders.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

It's because the murders got him known to people outside football too. I don't think I ever saw him play before.

6. Hoosier_Daddy

I think a lot of people were ready to let him fade into obscurity regarding his wife's death. Then he decided to make a horrendous image decision by writing this God-aweful book. He's getting the negative publicity he deserves.

I would also like to think that as a society we're not about to put someone's athletic accolades above their character. Which to do you give more weight to when you determine your opinion of the man. The fact that he was a great football player or that it's more than highly likely he viciously murdered two innocent people in cold blood and got away with it. That's the big question.

Hoosier.

7. sportsaholic

sportsaholic Guest

Well, I think you made some good points, but we need to acknowledge his football career as well. When you look at the best football players of all time, O.J. doesn't cross your mind. You just remember him as the guy who killed his wife and wife's friend. I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here but we should not only think of the murders. Yes, he's a jerk but can we atleast think of him as a football player aswell as a murderer. I don't like him as a person but he is one of the best RBs of all-time! People just know him as the killer not the football player.

8. Hoosier_Daddy

I'd imagine that for your generation it's true that he's not rembered as a great football player. I'm old enough to have seem him play when he was in college and know first hand how great he was as a running back. This is similar to what's happened to Pete Rose, although the circumstances are much worse. I don't think we should seperate the athlete from the person.

Hoosier.