• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NYC Bombing

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This Is What We Know About The NYC Bombing

Explosion rocks Manhattan leaving 29 people injured

One bomb went off and another was found in a pressure cooker. Fortunately no one was killed. They aren't calling it a terrorist attack and don't know if it had anything to do with the pipe bomb that went off in New Jersey. So far they have made no arrests.

Terror attack in Minnesota: Mass Stabbing Attack in St. Cloud Mall

There was also a knife attack in Minnesota which they are calling a Islamist terrorist attack. He asked at least one person if they were Muslim before he stabbed them. Eight were injured but no one was killed except the suspect.

Thoughts?

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
Obviously an 'amateur'. A home-grown lone wolf radicalist one would suspect.

That's the problem and the danger. People can become radicalised over the Internet, in the privacy of their own bedroom, without anyone knowing.
Bomb making information is also available on the Internet.

Not meaning to be flippant, but NY got off lightly. Could have been far, far worse.

With CCTV and forensics, I'm sure they'll catch him. Though one fears he'll try and strike again.

What's wrong with people?????? Why can't we all live in peace?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Device Near NJ Train Station Explodes While FBI Investigates

Another bomb was found in NJ overnight. While officials were trying to disarm it using a robot it exploded.

FBI Questions 5 Men in Car Over NYC Blast

The FBI are questioning 5 people that was pulled over in a car about the bombings.

Authorities raised the frightening possibility that an active terror cell was currently in the midst of unleashing attacks across New Jersey and New York and around 9.30pm when two men discovered up to five suspect packages in the trash and alerted the police.
Five arrested in hunt for Manhattan bombers

They are looking for someone named Ahmad Khan Rahami. It was said on TV the people in the car are related to him.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
Yes, they got him.

What evil there is in the world, that people promote this doctrine of hate and violence.
And how disturbing that some people feel that disgruntled with life and alienated from society to buy into it.

This fellow, just an ordinary guy. Had he been more proficient in bomb-making, dozens could have been killed and maimed.

Interesting to note the difference in reaction from Mr Trump and Mrs Clinton.
We Brits always feel you American have a tendency - perfectly understandable I guess - to 'circle the wagons' so to speak when you're under attack.
We're curious how 'you' will respond. The sledgehammer response of Trump or the more measured response of Clinton ...

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Wow. I've been totally out of the loop and never read about all this. Until now. They're so low impact, I'm thinking it's mostly lone wolf. Not that something bigger couldn't be on the table.
Imo, Muslims can get radicalized just reading the media out of Yemen, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, southeast Turkey, Syria, Dagestan, Chechnya, Stavropol, Egypt, Kashmir, Xinjiang, or almost any country or state with serious ethnic tensions. Or even just chatting with other Muslims online. Or even just by visiting a gay club in Orlando. Their hardcore religion makes them easy targets for radicalization.

About Clinton's "measured" response:
Another "measured" response is labeling "moderates" in Syria. Notice they never say "moderate jihadists", only "moderates" or "moderate rebels". They also hate on Americans and Russians and they even attacked the US troops in Syria.
So yeah, I can't be totally all over Clinton's "measured" responses. Mostly they put innocent people in harm's way - a lot like Benghazi... just saying.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
By the time Clinton measures her response whatever she is responding to is over, too late to help like in Benghazi.