• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NY Knicks

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We all know that they traded their first round pick to the Bulls when they traded away for Eddie Curry. My question to you guys is do you see this team becoming a playoff team anytime soon?

Personally I don't I think they have another five years before they make the playoffs, around four key draft picks. I think it was very stupid trading Trevor Ariza even though he wasn't getting along with Larry Brown he was a good prospect. Also I cant see Starbury and Stevie Franchise playing together even though both of them are solid players, but both like to shoot the ball to much. I think they have to build around Curry he is only 23 and he needs to get the ball more. Statistics shows when he does get the ball he has more points in a game. He just need to become a better rebounder.

F

fatboy

the team needs to gel as a team. they are great talents and tremendous players. Larry brown is one of the best coaches in the league. they have all the pieces to the puzzle but cant put it together. i don't know whats going on in the office up there, but something is not the way it should be. i think it will be a couple seasons till we hear the the knicks name in the playoff conversations around the league. hopefully they can figure out what it is thats missing and do what they have too to obtain it. i sure wouldn't mind hearing the knicks name among contenders for the east again.

E

Escobar

Ahh, my team, my poor team :'(

Every time I think about them I get dissapointed. All Isiah Thomas did was trade for names. Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, sure most people know the names, but the team we have now definitely isn't cutting it. They traded a draft pick for another name, Eddie Curry, who is a good player but the Knicks as a team just isn't working out. They should really consider trading away some of those name players for some people who can work well together and get the job done, it's nothing but an assload of money spent pointlessly. They should probably even consider a new GM.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They need to get rid of contracts, they are still paying Allan Houston over 20 million a seaon he's retired, Jalen Rose contract is for another year worth close to 15 million a season and Marbury and Francis both have big contracts, that's what they need to do dump salery and start from fresh with new talent from the draft.

T

the.game

The dumbest thing Isiah Thomas ever did was trade for Eddy Curry and also pay Jerome James that ridiculous amount of money. The only players worth keeping are Jamal Crawford, Channing Frye, Jackie Butler, David Lee and Nate Robinson who could be a good change of pace guard off the bench much like Earl Boykins. Marbury and Francis need to be traded even if they're not going to get equivalent value for their talent and I'll give it to Isiah that he's been good with the draft over the last two seasons but hopefully he won't be the GM much longer after that great day in June.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree with you paying so much money to guy who only had a few good games in the playoffs, and hasn't showed anything during the regular season while playing for the Sonics is just stupid. I don't think tradinng for Eddy Curry was stupid, it was just stupid who they traded for him, that first round pick could of been key to their future, but no it's going to the Bulls. Also I see Nate Robinson starting in the NBA in a couple of years, just like Jameer Nelson you just got to give him some time to develop.

T

the.game

^I agree with you that Nate Robinson will probably be a quality starting guard one day but I think he'd be most effective as the sixth man unless Nate really develops point guard instincts. Nate is a scorer first and it'd probably be preferable to have a pure point guard start the game and get the other guys involved before bringing Nate into the game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree, I say that he deserves at least a couple of more years on the bench to learn the postion, then when he's ready, he can start. But has a right now he still needs to learn the point guard postion. I am sure he's going to develop into a very quality player, look what he did in Washinghton, when he played for the Huskies.